time for the dyno tune or is there any other hints?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am outside of evansville which is at the very south eastern tip of indiana on the ohio river. Not much to choose from but their website shows nothing but mustangs on the dyno so that is good.

talked to my guys and they said the TPS sensor was off a little and they readjusted it, hopefully that will fix the hanging idle. On top of that the anderson power pipe I found used on here arrived yesterday. Looking forward to installing that and moving the maf to the fender, should look alot cleaner and it should add more power as well from the ebay cheapy I was running. I am not expecting huge gains but keeping the maf cool and the lighter bends in it should help.

itsblue95

Reaction score
i know where evansville is i actually went to VU which is about 40miles north of there. also lets see some numbers when done and pics of it on the dyno (those are always nice)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually went to VU as well in 93-94 spend my first freshman year there as well as the first half of by second freshman year there. Had a great time before I switched schools and majors and realized later I just should have stayed and stuck it out.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just heard back and he says while it is still running better now with the TPS sensor adjusted that the exhaust is popping. Does that just mean its running rich and the tune will fix it or anything else that could do it? The guys I have working on it know 302s but are not familiar with the fun the SN computer adds to the mix

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sorry I am asking soo many questions but I a just a newb under the hood. I can tell you that if you ever need help with audio/video/security that I am the guy to help ya....

again the popping, is that something to be worried about? Anything to look for?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
Its a problem if its popping... if its exhaust its too rich if intake its probably leaning out. You need a WB on there to see. If the fuel is dialed in (which im doubting) The valves could be poorly adjusted.

Ive had trouble with the Pro M's leaning out down low. "Calibrated Mafs" are not the way to go. Any chance you have the maf transfer? Normally any good tuner can dial in their own maf transfer but it always helps to have the one that came with the maf.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
actually what happened is the last time I tried to install heads/cam and get a tune, the tuner said the same thing so he took the stock maf componants out of the stock housing and put them in the pro-M housing while telling me the same stuff. He compaired it to loosing weight by adjusting my scale, which made sence.

my guys working on it said they thought it was rich as well which was causing the popping but I wanted to make sure it was not something else. Is this something that would be corrected by a tune?

Adam95GT

Reaction score
ttocs said:
actually what happened is the last time I tried to install heads/cam and get a tune, the tuner said the same thing so he took the stock maf componants out of the stock housing and put them in the pro-M housing while telling me the same stuff. He compaired it to loosing weight by adjusting my scale, which made sence.

my guys working on it said they thought it was rich as well which was causing the popping but I wanted to make sure it was not something else. Is this something that would be corrected by a tune?

Did he correct your tune for 24lb injectors... if not and your running that stock ECU your running rich and you need to put the prom sensor back in the housning for the time being.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I assume so bdut I was not there to see the dyno after the stock rebuilt motor was dropped in but it has been running perfect up till the heads install. I will find out if the chip I paid for is still in there when I take it in for the new tune.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
ttocs said:
I assume so bdut I was not there to see the dyno after the stock rebuilt motor was dropped in but it has been running perfect up till the heads install. I will find out if the chip I paid for is still in there when I take it in for the new tune.

Since you dont know whats on this chip, I suggest you pull it and run the pro-m with the pro M electronics this should put you closer to running nicely.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
should I just get a new one instead? what would you recomend? course now that I think about it I think the anderson is only supposed mount to certain types of maf so I will check that but any recomendations appreciated. I do not want to mess up the motor or the new heads...

Adam95GT

Reaction score
ttocs said:
should I just get a new one instead? what would you recomend? course now that I think about it I think the anderson is only supposed mount to certain types of maf so I will check that but any recomendations appreciated. I do not want to mess up the motor or the new heads...

I know nothing about anderson pms so i cant help you there. The 90mm L-Maf has a well known curve and is easy to work with... But honestly it really doesent matter what maf you have if your getting it tuned. With your listed mods you would actually be fine running the stock maf and starting with a j4j1 base tune.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had considered the LMAF, is the mounting the same on those as others? the anderson says it hooks up to a couple of different types which confused me as I thought the mounting flange was the same. I like the price of it as they can be found cheap...

Adam95GT

Reaction score
You should be fine with the stock maf. But i dont know PMS.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Adam95GT said:

to be completely honest, the PMS is garbage! Considering the price you pay, and the little it allows you to actually change in the ECM, it shouldnt even be considered!

As for the LMAF, in the tune you need to change MAF slopes. Which isnt a huge ordeal. You also need the wiring harness adapter, since its a 6 pin maf. The maf itself is also rather large, so it usually wont mate to your existing CAI tube b/c of its size.

Adam95GT

Reaction score
Addermk2 said:
Adam95GT said:

to be completely honest, the PMS is garbage! Considering the price you pay, and the little it allows you to actually change in the ECM, it shouldnt even be considered!

As for the LMAF, in the tune you need to change MAF slopes. Which isnt a huge ordeal. You also need the wiring harness adapter, since its a 6 pin maf. The maf itself is also rather large, so it usually wont mate to your existing CAI tube b/c of its size.

Yea i recently put one on my car. We cut the pigtail right off of pgttech's car....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the anderson power pipe is a 4" pipe so the lightn ing should fit it, sounds like it might be the way to go. is there a wiring diagram for how to convert the two hrns's?

Addermk2

Reaction score
unless you got that power pipe for next to nothing, you wasted money.

But I suppose some people have just become used to it with our cars....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't pay retail by any means. It was used and by the time I sell the painted CAI I have on the car and the one polished one I picked on on craigslist last year for $20 and made a few bucks on it was a good deal. I also have been wanting to move my MAF up to the fender well and this does it. I like the idea of keepin the maf cool as well as just cleaning up the engine bay so it works for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online