timing on 95

junk racing

Reaction score
I want to install my MSD programmable 6AL-2 with a programmed timing curve for boost. I have read where certain tuners will pull the spout set base timing to say 36 for example then retard the timing with a BTM or other timing devise. Has anyone ever dont this??? I plan on buying a fast XFI setup in the near future just wanting to pick up some more power until i finish my dart motor.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I wouldn't ever run a BTM. Tune the car the right way the first time and don't screw around with stupid add ons.

OP
OP
J

junk racing

Reaction score
its not a btm, It has a map sensor and you make a boost timing curve. If you have any expierience with a digital 7 programmable ignition its the exact same. I have made well over 1000 rwhp with this exact ignition box on my carbd blowthru malibu. Its fully programmable.

shoua50

Reaction score
I've kinda heard of this. Taking the spout connector out will keep your computer from from making timing adjustments so that u can use your msd box to do all timing adjustments assuming your 6al-2 is fully programmable. Make sure your tuner knows what they r doing. I'm running a FAST XFI setup with a programmable digital 7 and on my FAST system setup, my digital 7 is zeroed out as far as timing goes, i do all fuel and timing through the FAST computer. What you're wanting to do can work but what about the fuel?

decipha

Reaction score
any competent tuner will simply disable the BTM

the less connections the better

let the ecu yank timing based on boost, you and your engine will be much happier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online