timming help

flashsgt

Reaction score
finnaly got the car fired up last night, took a bit of playing around, basically its a 95 gt stock 5,0 bottom end trick flow T/W heads f303 cam 24lb injectors
i cant seem to get the car to idle or run that good at all, i feel like im definatly out on timming, any input? or a step by step on timming set up for that car

thank you
connor

jwhisl

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I pulled the spout connector , brought the engine to 10* BTC, and dropped the distributor in with the rotor pointing at 11 oclock (about the front left upped intake bolt) and turned the distributor from there. It got me up and running but my car wont rev above 3k. I've got HCI but I have b303 cam. Hope it helps a little

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Read your instructions on the cam you used again, most cam in block motors require a timing advance to even idle. Should say in the instructions how much, but its normally just as easy as advancing the distributor

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ECU has been programmed for 24# injectors (or calibrated MAF)? Do you know why it isn't running well? Too rich (my guess), too lean? Why do you think it's timing?

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Who callibrated the ECU? Is it a chip? If you have the chip programmed for 24#ers and you have a maf calibrated for 24#ers it will not run right. You need to have one or the other. The ECU calibration being the better option of the 2.

Or if you dont have it calibrated for 24#ers, that is not helping as well. Also yes check the timing to see where it is. Its possible its off and may need to be bumped up due to the cam and such

95opal

Reaction score
A timing light is pretty much idiot proof. Stabbing the dizzyat exactly the degree you want takes a some know how and exp. Looks like a timing light will solve some issues here.:tongue3:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
B303 cam gets lined straight up. It's not suppose to be advanced or retarded.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
B303 cam gets lined straight up. It's not suppose to be advanced or retarded.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Op has a f303, while i agree you need to get the ecu calibrated it should still idle, even if its not well. [MENTION=21674]flashsgt[/MENTION] have you tried getting it calibrated for the injectors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online