TIRE SIZES

95gtconversion

Reaction score
I'm asking for a friend that has the same rear tire size that I do for my car at a 315-35/17

having an issue finding a decent auto-x tire for him he can go down a little but would like to stay wide on the rear with a 245 or 255 on the front

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming he wants a DOT legal tire, yes? As opposed to all out racing tire? At tire rack, I see Hoosier A7 & R7 (dedicated track tire) in that size, and Toyo Proxes R888 (good tire) in that size.

If he's willing to "step down" to 275/40 - 17, then he's almost spoiled for choice. There's a couple Falken's and Toyo R1R's that are DOT. Hoosiers again, for pure track. Some Hankook's also for pure track. And this is just at Tire Rack. Discount Tire will have additional brands. Nitto, more Hankook's, etc.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are okay. I had those on another car, and honestly I wasn't in love. Doesn't mean they are a bad tire. Just didn't do it for me. If that's the type of tire your friend is looking for, then I highly highly highly recommend Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2. I have these on my STI right now and let's just say I do not baby the car nor do I take the corners slow. Fantastic in the wet and dry for a really good price (cheaper then the BFG's). In fact, I had the first gen Evo's on the STI, and when it came time for new tires, I got these second gen. They are great.

Having said that, there are better auto-x tires that are DOT legal to be had. The Evo2's are street tires first. So it depends on what your friend wants: street tires first, or track tires first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online