too frikin dirty

• Thread starter FullThrottleStangs
  • Start date
F

FullThrottleStangs

ive noticed that ill spend all afternoon getting my car looking tip-top condition and spotless, only for it to become dirty once again the very next day.

tips to get it clean and keep it clean? :icon_rr:

greenscobie86

Reaction score
LOL, keep it in a garage and dont drive it?

I gave up on keeping my car 110% clean... It's a pretty hard task, especially if you daily drive it.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

greenscobie86 said:
LOL, keep it in a garage and dont drive it?

I gave up on keeping my car 110% clean... It's a pretty hard task, especially if you daily drive it.

Yeah the Mach is my DD. I have a custom cover but it's covered in cat piss. I'm just gonna drown that good for nothin oversized rodent into a river and watch it drown.

It doesn't get too dirty, just where you can see some dirt spots begin to develop on the paint and my wheels get a little dirty.

I focus on keeping my baby as clean as possible 24/7 no matter what it takes. Now that I've got a job that is much harder to achieve.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
wash it as often as necessary, and keep a california car duster in the trunk for those tiny little spots. theyre like $20 and work great

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
wash it as often as necessary, and keep a california car duster in the trunk for those tiny little spots. theyre like $20 and work great

F*ck The California Duster!!!!

joekd

Reaction score
Since you already spent the time with a full detail it should be much easier to keep clean now. Just a quick wash should make it perfect again.

My car just gets dusty from sitting in the garage, quick detailer, a couple microfiber towels and good as new

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
RockstarMentality said:

F*ck The California Duster!!!!
whys that? yeah its not for a complete detail, but if you wash it and it drive on a dirty road its good for just a quick 30 second touch up

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All the california duster does is move dirt on the care, causing scratches.... I only use a Fresh MF towel and Quick detailer spray to remove dust.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

SRT Handz said:
All the california duster does is move dirt on the care, causing scratches.... I only use a Fresh MF towel and Quick detailer spray to remove dust.

yeah but that takes too long :laughing5:

joekd

Reaction score
FTS said:

C'mon now, if it is just dust I can quick detail the entire car in just a few minutes, if not then a quick wash, dry and quick detail can still be done in ~30 mins (used to do it on my lunch hour all the time)

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

joekd said:
FTS said:

C'mon now, if it is just dust I can quick detail the entire car in just a few minutes, if not then a quick wash, dry and quick detail can still be done in ~30 mins (used to do it on my lunch hour all the time)

dude it takes me atleast an hour to wash my car.... then ive got to quick detail and dry....... two hours? lol

joekd

Reaction score
Sounds like you are either working slowly or doing it wrong

If your car is only mildly dirty then a wash should not take more then 15 mins to wash (two bucket method) 5-10 mins to dry. I can wash/dry my car and the Explorer in under an hour.

If it takes you a long time to quick detail you are using either way too much spray or cheap microfibers. I had the issue with too much product until the Meguiars rep showed me I was doing it wrong. Doesnt take a lot of spray to get great results.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FTS said:

..... Whatever you say dude. You might save 5 mins a week using the California duster but you are gonna have to spend an extra 15-20 hours a your fixing all the damage you did from the duster causing swirls.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FTS said:
joekd said:
FTS said:

dude it takes me atleast an hour to wash my car.... then ive got to quick detail and dry....... two hours? lol

It took me three hours on a Accord yesterday. Full wash on the outside, clay bar, and then a nice hand applied coat of wax. Washing didnt take long. Spent a lot of time trying to scrub out a lot brake dust and a lot lot lot lot lot lot of time trying to clay bar off some what looked like specks of white paint. That 3 hours also inlcuded inside the door jams and a quick wipe down of the interior.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
it takes me at least an hour too, but always do it twice (rinse, wash, rinse, wash, rinse, dry) and i take my sweetass time

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
RockstarMentality said:
it takes me at least an hour too, but always do it twice (rinse, wash, rinse, wash, rinse, dry) and i take my sweetass time

Washing the car Twice is Inducing ALOT of unnecessary swirls. about 95% of paint damage comes from washing the car.

Gregsn95

Reaction score
keep a bottle of detail spray with you to touch it up before it gets too dirty

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
quick detail and a MF towell is the quickest way to touch up.

if it's dirty to the point where it's too much to spray/wipe off, you gotta wash it.

How clean a car is is totally dependant on how much time the owner puts into keeping it clean.
it's just the way it is.

I do use a CF Duster occassionally, and only if the car is dusted. lightly wipe off the dust, then spray/wipe.
if I'm at home I use compressed air instead.
if you push hard or have heavy, rained on or dirt there, wiping it with the duster will scratch the finish like Handz so elequently stated.

Side note - I do have a california dash duster and that is handy for touching up a dusty dash...

if you or a detailer were to polish out the car and put down a good sealer and wax. it would be easier to clean and quicker to wipe down, water beads up and dirt doesn't stick as well.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
duh09 said:
FTS said:
joekd said:
FTS said:

It took me three hours on a Accord yesterday. Full wash on the outside, clay bar, and then a nice hand applied coat of wax. Washing didnt take long. Spent a lot of time trying to scrub out a lot brake dust and a lot lot lot lot lot lot of time trying to clay bar off some what looked like specks of white paint. That 3 hours also inlcuded inside the door jams and a quick wipe down of the interior.

1-2 hours is a quick job IMO. and a spray/wipe should only take about 10 min once the car is clean

Dang Duh! you did all that in 3 hrs, that's bookin bro.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
duh09 said:
FTS said:
joekd said:
FTS said:

1-2 hours is a quick job IMO. and a spray/wipe should only take about 10 min once the car is clean

Dang Duh! you did all that in 3 hrs, that's bookin bro.

Outside in the heat on a car with obnoxious issues makes you work really really really hard. If I could have pulled it in a garage, I could easily have spent hours and hours trying to get every one of those white specks off and scrubbing the tree tar junk that was embedded into the roof off but for $50, there's only so much I'm going to do. I actually spent every cent of that money the same day buying products that I was runnnig out of, cheapo applicator pads, another bottle of the tech wax, claybar kit. I really need to stop doing details for friends so cheap and actually charging people by the hour or something because I'm killing myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online