Tork Tech Thunderbird Project

OP
OP
OxmanWI

OxmanWI

Reaction score
One more update:

I decided to sell the Dragon TB and plenum. I was having a big idle issue with it and felt it was not going to work with my set up. I sold it to an old member on here that now owns a mustang down in Chi-town area. Anyways I bought the stock 03-04 Cobra TB and plenum. Today I got it in the mail snapped some pictures and sent it off to Stiegemeier for the port and weld job that will smooth the inside and open the case opening for a quality gasket port match. I also got off the phone with an old friend that sent me a base tune for my Lightning a couple years ago and learned some interesting news about the SCT BA MAFS. I confirmed with Bob Stiegemeier and one other person of interest. If you buy a SCT Big Air MAF sensor you’ll probably get the air filter adapter to place a big K&N filter in front of it right? As far as I know the only adapter that mates with the SCT Big Air is the older 90mm MAF adapter. If you use this adapter you have to grind or machine the opening to match it. There have been some tuning issues with the air turbulence with the opening and not getting a good reading at the MAF sensor. So the INSIDE lip of the MAF needs to be machined to match the adapter opening. See last picture in this post.

The nice thing about the stock TB is the coating that keeps the blade from sticking. At Stiegemeier new seals and coating will be added. Everything will be smoothed out.

Stiegemeier will add material and port the opening to match the gasket that goes to the case.

Here is a SCT BA2600 with the normal 90mm filter adapter that we all know:

In this picture, the INSIDE lip of the MAF needs to be machined to match the adapter opening.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=17169]FrankenStang[/MENTION] ..Dude.. We have a road rage section for call outs.

This is your LAST warning.
[MENTION=10830]MustangChris[/MENTION] [MENTION=9020]Shifty Powers[/MENTION]

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my adapter plate needed "matched" as well.... i just put in a dab of RTV and "formed" it with my finger to make it more of a smooth funnel shape, oppesed to the strong edge.... ;)

OP
OP
OxmanWI

OxmanWI

Reaction score
omai! This build makes me want to get my a$$ in gear with my tbird. Very nice build :grin:

What is all done with your Tbird? I had PER build my shortblock BTW, Randy is good people.

I'm editing this post to remove offensive content.

white95

I'm not surprised, this guy wont leave me alone since I joined here.

FrankenStang ..Dude.. We have a road rage section for call outs.

This is your LAST warning.
MustangChris Shifty Powers

Thanks for deleting his post, I ignore people like him. Thanks again.

First time ive seen this..

I stand behind White for whatever it was..

On a side note... AWESOME build man!!!! Awesoomme!!! Killer job so far!

Thank you very much, love the forum. Lots of good info and members on here for sure.

my adapter plate needed "matched" as well.... i just put in a dab of RTV and "formed" it with my finger to make it more of a smooth funnel shape, oppesed to the strong edge.... ;)

Didn't think of that, that's not a bad idea. But I went ahead and ported the material off anyways. I should be getting the TB and plenum back in a couple days from Stiegemeier

Thanks again!

Josh

97tbird

Reaction score
What is all done with your Tbird? I had PER build my shortblock BTW, Randy is good people.

Yes he is, I am one of his employees :thumbsup:
Its been sitting in my storage unit for over a year. Just a bolt on car now with PI cam swap and 4.10 gear with a torsen diff. I have a built 4r70 waiting for install and a torn apart motor at the shop. Plans are similar to RobetP's 95' bird except with a procharger

OP
OP
OxmanWI

OxmanWI

Reaction score
Yes he is, I am one of his employees :thumbsup:
Its been sitting in my storage unit for over a year. Just a bolt on car now with PI cam swap and 4.10 gear with a torsen diff. I have a built 4r70 waiting for install and a torn apart motor at the shop. Plans are similar to RobetP's 95' bird except with a procharger

Nice! Good to know! I'll let you know when I need another modular built. :)

Have you joined Tccoa.com? Tons for info on the mn12.

Good luck with your birdy! Thanks, Josh

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Hell of build! I may have missed thsi but what are your plans for the body, respray or leave as is?

Hat is off to you for doing so much important work yourself.

OP
OP
OxmanWI

OxmanWI

Reaction score
I've been working so much that work on the car is next to impossible to do. Today I was able to spend some time.
Heat exchanger

Ported work from Stiegemeier

Fore injector spacers. They are not a good fit. I had to round off the corners so that they would fit.

Smoothed out SCT MAF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highplace11

Members online