torque converter

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
hello all!! I was thinking of getting a touque converter for my daily driver. what stall should I get? lock-up or non lock-up? I just don't know if it's worth the money. how much could it shave off 1/4 mile e.t.'s? thanks!!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
hello all!! I was thinking of getting a touque converter for my daily driver. what stall should I get? lock-up or non lock-up? I just don't know if it's worth the money. how much could it shave off 1/4 mile e.t.'s? thanks!!
well if all you have done is in your sig i would suggest a PI swap before a TC... the TC should be one of the last mods done and should be picked by the power & Tq curve on your dyno sheet to best work with your setup. Typically a 3200 stall triple disk PI (presicion industries) would be the way to go on a modular. Expect to drop 3/10's to 1/2 second off your time when used in conjuction with a reworked valve body/Jmod (shift kit)

OP
OP
R

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
thanks for the info, I have the pi intake i'm just saving for some heads and cams. when I get the car were I want it power wise then I probably get it. nice color on you car by the way!!! ;)

nyuk98gt

Reaction score
ROB 98GT:

If I may, I'd like to suggest Alan (dirty d0g) and Darrin at "bc-automotive.com" as front runners for TC's. They know their stuff (no, I'm not related to either of them by blood or marriage, just ATF). It will be my next 'big' mod.

HTH,

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online