tranny issue.. hopefully small fix

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, yet another small problem. i love them! lol

soo yeah, my tranny seems to be getting harder and harder to shift ever few days.

when i go to put it into first coming to a stop sign or something, ill push the shifter (steeda triax if it matters) towards first and it will be hard to push in. sometimes, it wont go in so ill have to release some pressure then push it back in.. sometimes, ill go to push it in, and it will seem to like hit something and kick back into my hand then ill have to push it back up and into gear.. and sometimes it seems like it barely "fits" and goes in with a fight.

this isn't just first gear though. it has happend in 2nd.. all the same symptoms, and sometimes, 3rd.. 3rd gear isn't nearly as bad though. it just seems to not want to go in, so i have to push a bit harder.. rarely happens though.

anyone know what this could be? maybe just some more tranny fluid? i remember someone tellin me to check that. or is this more serious of a problem? how can i go about checking to see what it is and what to look for?

thanks in advance guys..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
does it grind at all when you try and put it in gear?

im thinkin you're synchros might be on the way out..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
no havent fixed the clutch yet.. still waiting on my Fiore products from Lethal Performance.. bought them in late may/early June i believe.

ive already talked to them about it though.

and i dont hear any grinding noises.. its just hard to get it into gears sometimes.. and i think alot of people have this problem but reverse is like a 50/50 chance.. sometimes itll go in the first time, others it wont go in at all. ill have to make my car roll forward to get into reverse or roll backwards.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Trey it may be due to your clutch problems, you really should go up To HPP and tell the whats up and have em have a go at it. It could be your synchros or it could be something as little as a bad adjustment on your shifter.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thanks KB.. i got an appointment with them on monday. ill tell them whats up. i think im still going up there monday. idk yet. cause i dont think im doing the intake gaskets anymore. i was told that they are nearly impossible to blow on an N/A cobra.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just make sure it is ready for your Gatlinberg trip. I think we will have a good turn out.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
Just make sure it is ready for your Gatlinberg trip. I think we will have a good turn out.

i haven't checked that thread! so we have a good number of confirmed yesses??? whats the tally? ohhhhh im excited!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure of the exact number, but atleast 10 yeses acording to the tally post, but more said yes after that was done.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
awesome! im super excited! i hope nothing blocks me from this event! i can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online