Transmission compatibility

dbratboy92

Reaction score
I am looking for a transmission for my 95 3.8l there more then I spent for the car. I found a 94-95 GT transmission, will it bolt up to the 3.8. I have the transmission and bell housing from the 3.8. What I'm really asking is were they still using the t-5 for the 5.0 in 94 and 95? I'm sure this has been asked before and I'm sorry if it has. But I couldn't find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94-95 only used the t5 in the gt’s. The v6’s also used the t5 but if I remember correctly the input and the bellhousing is different. So you should be good to go.

lutter94

Reaction score
94-95 only used the t5 in the gt’s. The v6’s also used the t5 but if I remember correctly the input and the bellhousing is different. So you should be good to go.

To clarify this post, the t5 is in both the v8 and v6 cars. Cobras had a tapered input shaft, but should be the same as a gt trans. Gt should be the same as a v6 with the exception of the smaller flywheel/bellhousing/clutch setup. I'm not sure on pilot bearing/input shafts being the same. Rockauto should be able to tell you if the pilot is the same part number for both. I assume the input shafts are the same length. That's an issue you have to deal with when using a fox bellhousing. A 94 95 is longer. My t5 I swapped came from a 99 v6, has an electronic Speedo signal, easily fixed with the speedcal I already had.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online