Looking for recommendation on tranny for 95

Midnight95

Reaction score
Hi everyone I recently got a 95 GT mustang and I bought a used t5 from marketplace just for someone to end up blowing out reverse on it not to long ago. Ive been saving up money to get a new one and wanted to see if anyone has some recommendations on where to get one with a warranty and if I should get another t5.

OP
OP
Midnight95

Midnight95

Reaction score
are you keeping it stock/dd, going to to boost it and track it?
Its going to be my daily and the car feels fantastic stock but I do want to mod it a bit and take it to the track every once and awhile.

Chip66

Reaction score
Its going to be my daily and the car feels fantastic stock but I do want to mod it a bit and take it to the track every once and awhile.
As long as you don't put really sticky tires on and send it at the drag strip, the T5 can hold up quite well, especially if some basic upgrades are done, such as a steel bearing retainer. The input shaft can be upgraded to a 26 spline, too. Neomustangs on YouTube has really good information on the possibilities of the T-5.

If you want a serious upgrade go with the TKX. The Magnum T56, if you go way over the top.

OP
OP
Midnight95

Midnight95

Reaction score
As long as you don't put really sticky tires on and send it at the drag strip, the T5 can hold up quite well, especially if some basic upgrades are done, such as a steel bearing retainer. The input shaft can be upgraded to a 26 spline, too. Neomustangs on YouTube has really good information on the possibilities of the T-5.

If you want a serious upgrade go with the TKX. The Magnum T56, if you go way over the top.
Thank you! I’ll just stick with the T5 then for now.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on your wallet. T5 is perfectly fine for a DD. Track?... “Should be ok”. Should be. If you plan on knocking the snot out of it at the track and do so multiple trips to the track, I suggest that you seriously consider the TKX 5-speed (choose a 5th gear ratio they offer that suits you) or better yet, never worry again about your transmission decision and make your dream car bulletproof with the T56 Magnum 6-speed.

FWIW, I wish I had paid the lil’ extra for the 6-speed vs the TKX 5-speed for that lower rpm highway speed cruising.

So I guess it all depends on your budget and the OVERALL combined types of driving you intend to do! But choose wisely… upgrading and/or fixing a transmission is a costly decision you don’t want to have to make twice!

Keep us posted…..

Roblab2024

Reaction score

TKX has been great for me. Well worth the upgrade, and the swap pieces were minimal.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I did the magnum myself. It takes some time to slide it into 6th and not think your going into reverse.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the budget allows tkx or magnum you can’t go wrong .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online