OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
Could having the computer reprogrammed to make it work

07GtS197

Reaction score
If its the mlps then no that wont fix anything. Are you able to start it in any other gears other than park or neutral? It could be pinned differently for the aode’s, I dont know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
If its the mlps then no that wont fix anything. Are you able to start it in any other gears other than park or neutral? It could be pinned differently for the aode’s, I dont know for sure.

No it won’t start in any other gears besides neutral and park

AStangThang

Reaction score
Just for the sake of saying that if your car had the same transmission it's supposed to, it sounds like the transmission range sensor, but since it doesn't have the correct tranny, fine tooth and comb.

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
Just for the sake of saying that if your car had the same transmission it's supposed to, it sounds like the transmission range sensor, but since it doesn't have the correct tranny, fine tooth and comb.
Yea

Silver95bird

Reaction score
If you still have the mlps that came with your car, it will bolt on to replace the AODE one.

Reprogramming the eec will fix shift points, but it won't fix the wrong gear selection problem. Hanging in 2nd gear is a big sign of a bad/misaligned mlps.

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
If you still have the mlps that came with your car, it will bolt on to replace the AODE one.

Reprogramming the eec will fix shift points, but it won't fix the wrong gear selection problem. Hanging in 2nd gear is a big sign of a bad/misaligned mlps.
I’m going to get a output speed sensor tomorrow. It’s throwing the code po720. Should I buy a 97 model speed sensor or a 1994 model? Also is there a difference in the plugs for both sensors

07GtS197

Reaction score
You arent listening, if replacing the oss twice didnt fix it another one wont. You need to check the mlps for corrosion and its alignment.

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
You arent listening, if replacing the oss twice didnt fix it another one wont. You need to check the mlps for corrosion and its alignment.

Ok

07GtS197

Reaction score
How did you check it? Was the transmission in neutral? Did you unplug the connector and check the pins? Is there a part number on it?

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
How did you check it? Was the transmission in neutral? Did you unplug the connector and check the pins? Is there a part number on it?

Yes it was in nuetral and I did unplug the connector and the pins wasn’t corroded or in bad condition.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
It doesn't corrode on the outside. The ones known to have problems fail at the gasket and water gets inside and corrodes it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
At this point youre going to have to datalog to track down the fault if youre sure the mlps isnt misaligned or corroded. Or if you have your original you can swap it in.

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score
At this point youre going to have to datalog to track down the fault if youre sure the mlps isnt misaligned or corroded. Or if you have your original you can swap it in.

Ok

OP
OP
C

Corey

Reaction score

I replaced the output speed sensor with a different brand sensor to make sure i wasn’t getting faulty sensors . It’s been in there for about a month or so and it started acting up again today . Where else can I go from here because I’m getting tired of messing with it .

07GtS197

Reaction score
I replaced the output speed sensor with a different brand sensor to make sure i wasn’t getting faulty sensors . It’s been in there for about a month or so and it started acting up again today . Where else can I go from here because I’m getting tired of messing with it .

Did you read the post of mine you quoted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online