Trouble with surpentine belt

JR98

Reaction score
Hey u guys see if u could help me out, a few months ago i bought some under drive pulleys from bbk and ever since in the morning when i turn on the car and its cold it made a squeaky noise and when it would warm up it stopped and that would happen every day so i toke it to a mechanic shop to see what was wrong with that and they told me that the belt was kind of loose and that might be causing the problem so i replaced the belt with a smaller number and the noise stooped but now i got another problem it wasn't even been a month with that belt and its ripping from the side, facing the inside of the car so i called bbk to see if there is a specific number belt i need to put on after putting udp and they told me that no it take the stock belt from the stock pulleys i told them the problem i was having and they said it might be my tentioner from the beginning and it might of gone bad cause it taked the same stock belt, that i shouldn't have gone with a smaller belt. What do u guys think are they right or what might be wrong cause i don't want to be changing parts that i don't need to like my stock belt if u guys could help me out with these i would gradely appreciated and if u guys could help me out ASAP before the belt completely rips and leaves me stranded. Thank You very much guys.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the tensioner to me, get a new one and swap the idler pulleys while you are at it as they go bad and squeak also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online