Second belt doesn’t fit.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I’m 99% sure it’s a windsor. Windsors had the driver side pcv tube that sticks straight up compared to the 01-04 romeo, which is at the same angle as the valve covers. And the oil fill tube is taller.
But the windsors didn’t have the 3 bolt belt tensioner. They had the single bolt.

OP
OP
Mustangwayne2000

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
Can you get a backed up picture? Or count how many bolts the cam cover has.
Ya its 13/14 so I guess its a? I had no idea about the tensioner though. Wonder why belts wouldn’t fit though? The belt that fit was a 98in the belt it asked for was a 94. So why the longer belt? Is there a number on the engine I can check to see what the deal with it is? Appreciate yalls help.

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Ya its 13/14 so I guess its a? I had no idea about the tensioner though. Wonder why belts wouldn’t fit though? The belt that fit was a 98in the belt it asked for was a 94. So why the longer belt? Is there a number on the engine I can check to see what the deal with it is? Appreciate yalls help.
I really think it’s the tensioner that’s making the difference, the single bolt tensioner routes different and takes a different length belt. If you get one for a 98 gt, it should fit.

The 13/14 bolt covers are windsor covers, so it’s a windsor engine. No idea why it’s got a 3 bolt Romeo style timing cover on it.

OP
OP
Mustangwayne2000

Mustangwayne2000

Reaction score
I really think it’s the tensioner that’s making the difference, the single bolt tensioner routes different and takes a different length belt. If you get one for a 98 gt, it should fit.

The 13/14 bolt covers are windsor covers, so it’s a windsor engine. No idea why it’s got a 3 bolt Romeo style timing cover on it.
Me either. Maybe when I get it in class I’ll
find out. I’m in a automotive class for the next yr and a half. Teacher us gonna let me work on it at school for a grade. Pretty cool.

Thanks for your help everyone learned something new.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
my 98 with the 2v had a 3 bolt tensioner , only twice I had the belt come in to tight
and that was from autozone
orilys ended up being the right size the first time i ordered from them

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
99’s came with the 3 bolt tensioner. Maybe some other odd years did too but I know the 01-04 Romeo’s did not.
I was under the impression it was all Romeo that came with a 3 bolt. My 02 gt had a 3 bolt Romeo but it was a pi crown Vic engine that was in there and I never gave it any thought. My 98 Romeo had a 3 bolt, my buddies 00 windsor had a single.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was under the impression it was all Romeo that came with a 3 bolt. My 02 gt had a 3 bolt Romeo but it was a pi crown Vic engine that was in there and I never gave it any thought. My 98 Romeo had a 3 bolt, my buddies 00 windsor had a single.
It seems that Ford mixed and matched what they had for other models lol. My 09 vic, both my old 02 gt’s, my blue 00 gt and my 01 gt all have the single bolt tensioner. I bet certain year panther and maybe f150s got them too due to supply shortages. But officially no.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind
Is a lot of left over parts ford has when building
Mid year some parts end up on newer cars
Could be a number of parts anything

That is what confuses a lot of mechanics
Good thing for a part number

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads