Trunk issues

cameron57

Reaction score
Well i was street driving the race car (99 mustang gt) and the trunk key cylinder fell down in the trunk. There is no realese button. a welded and rivet in rear seat delete. And i have no idea how to get into the trunk. I can proably drop the fuel cell and get in but i was wondering if any one had any other ideas. Im going to try a magnet but i doubt that will work. Ideas???

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no button or no actuator in the trunk to connect the button to? I ask because if the actuator is there its connected to the lock by a cable that hangs down from the trunk lid and with a hooked-shaped coat hanger you can probably fish it back up close to where the hole is. Otherwise short of trying to snake your arms through the rear speaker holes or something I am not sure what you could do. Even to drop the fuel cell you need access in the trunk to unbolt it from where it fills.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
No accutator. Ill let you know what we figure out in the morning.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually had something similar happen to me not long ago. I shaved my keyhole and moved the lock to behind the license plate and never mounted the lock cylinder thinking I would do it later. Of course then I shut the trunk all the way and had to go through the back seat but I had nothing in my way there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online