Trunk Jambs

CrystalWhite97

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried cleaning the jamb in between the trunk and the quarter panel, and it seems like the paint is coming off there. I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if they painted that area? It seems risky but I hate seeing the "grey" jambs.

Thanks in advance!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
All to common with white sn95s. Sexy color on them but hate when that happens. I'm getting some peeling in the engine bay, and the very bottom fold of my drivers side door. Idk if I'd try painting them myself. Maybe with the crystal white/ultra white color in a spray bottle you could?

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Mine is straight up junky nastiness in there. I want to clean it but don't want to mess the paint up. I may try dish soap and go from there.

boston2k4

Reaction score
I swear the white paint in these years was like rolled on Kool Aid.
half of mine is showing the green seal coating in all sorts of areas. to fix the trunk area i scuffed it up in the good areas and sanded it in the chipped up areas to bring it down and resprayed it and cleared it. for a jamb area its cool i wouldnt go doing any exposed panels as im not a body guy

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it's a caulk that manufactures throw in certain places such as our trunk jamb to channel water so it doesn't sit in the jamb and rust..paint doesn't adhere to it very well which is why most cars it's just bare caulk

OP
OP
C

CrystalWhite97

Reaction score
All to common with white sn95s. Sexy color on them but hate when that happens. I'm getting some peeling in the engine bay, and the very bottom fold of my drivers side door. Idk if I'd try painting them myself. Maybe with the crystal white/ultra white color in a spray bottle you could?

Yep my crystal white was peeling on the trunk and tops of the quarters where the sail panel comes in.

Mine is straight up junky nastiness in there. I want to clean it but don't want to mess the paint up. I may try dish soap and go from there.

Yes mine was moldy, I used simple green and another APC and it took paint off with it.

I swear the white paint in these years was like rolled on Kool Aid.
half of mine is showing the green seal coating in all sorts of areas. to fix the trunk area i scuffed it up in the good areas and sanded it in the chipped up areas to bring it down and resprayed it and cleared it. for a jamb area its cool i wouldnt go doing any exposed panels as im not a body guy

Yep the white didn't adhere well for whatever reason.

it's a caulk that manufactures throw in certain places such as our trunk jamb to channel water so it doesn't sit in the jamb and rust..paint doesn't adhere to it very well which is why most cars it's just bare caulk

Yeah I see the caulk/adhesive thats in there.

I think I'm going to try and scuff it up the best I can and maybe shoot it with a rattlecan. I plan on taking the trunk off and masking everything off really well.. We shall see!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online