Trunk lock re and re

Roy

Reaction score
Hi everyone , hope a good and safe weekend was had by all . I just bought a spoiler delete trunk lid for my 2002 GT . So the lock has been drilled out by the wreckers I bought it from . I want to remove the lock on my original trunk as obviously the key works with ignition . Does anyone know the proper way to remove and replace the locks . Appreciate any help .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I moved mine behind the license plate to delete the hole. I can't remember the specifics of how the lock came out unfortunately. I think there is just a simple ring that does a 1/4-1/2 turn to lock it in place.

OP
OP
Roy

Roy

Reaction score
Thanks ttocs ... I will check it out .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thinking back I think there is a small quarter turn ring and then a single screw but I have not had my head in there for a while to look. I remember that the worst part about it was just getting into the position to see the back of it and after that it was easy to see how it came out.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
From the factory there is a big poprivet that sort of keeps the cylinder in place. Once you drill out the rivet, the cylinder rotates about 45 degrees and you pull it out. Don’t forget the grommet seal the cylinder sets against. When I replaced the cylinder in the new trunk lid, I used a small bolt and locknut in place of the rivet to keep the cylinder from rotating.

OP
OP
Roy

Roy

Reaction score
From the factory there is a big poprivet that sort of keeps the cylinder in place. Once you drill out the rivet, the cylinder rotates about 45 degrees and you pull it out. Don’t forget the grommet seal the cylinder sets against. When I replaced the cylinder in the new trunk lid, I used a small bolt and locknut in place of the rivet to keep the cylinder from rotating.
Thank you for the help . I got the lock out .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter