Trying to route the type S exterior kit

DeathScythe

Reaction score
I've been racking my brain for the past 2 days trying to figure out where to run the wires for the type S exterior lighting kit. I want one LED strip to go under the side skirt and an extension cable (routed so that it's hidden) to go to an LED extension on the other side skirt. The box has to connect to the battery then come down, that's the easy part. Then I have to run the extension cable.

TL;DR I need to run a cable from one side skirt to another without touching exhaust ('cause it's hot) and without it being seen normally.

Also if anybody has installed this kit in their SN-95, I'd like to hear how you went about it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
never seen anyone advertise an led kit on the forum. They generally do not go over well in the mustang community as there are a lot of haters. I don't see any problem with it but everyone elses opinion on your car is 2nd to your own, if they are lucky.

I have ran some wires under my car for my cut outs and because it is what it is they had to be close to the exhaust. They make heat/fire resistant coverings for wiring that is going to be close and I used it on the last few feet of wiring on each cut out and any wiring near the exhaust. There are plenty of places to mount the wiring with some wire ties every foot or so if you look and plan out the route. The other option is to either find a factory grommet to run the wires through or make your own. If I am not mistaken the ABS sensor wiring goes out under the back seat on each side and I think there is room there for another wire or two so you could run it inside the car, under the seat away from all the hot/moving parts.

OP
OP
D

DeathScythe

Reaction score
never seen anyone advertise an led kit on the forum. They generally do not go over well in the mustang community as there are a lot of haters. I don't see any problem with it but everyone elses opinion on your car is 2nd to your own, if they are lucky.

I have ran some wires under my car for my cut outs and because it is what it is they had to be close to the exhaust. They make heat/fire resistant coverings for wiring that is going to be close and I used it on the last few feet of wiring on each cut out and any wiring near the exhaust. There are plenty of places to mount the wiring with some wire ties every foot or so if you look and plan out the route. The other option is to either find a factory grommet to run the wires through or make your own. If I am not mistaken the ABS sensor wiring goes out under the back seat on each side and I think there is room there for another wire or two so you could run it inside the car, under the seat away from all the hot/moving parts.

I figured people would disown me as a mustang owner for putting underglow on it, but I don't care. I like the look and its my car so thats what matters. Thanks for being respectful about it :) . Anyway I'll have to try the abs grommet, is there one on both sides of the back seat?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online