TTSaleen's Mach 1 Project - This time in Azure Blue!!!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
So up tomorrow is a YUGE change for the Mach 1.
I have purchased a complete 2004 Terminator drivetrain to swap! 50k miles on it and includes everything from the supercharger to the oil pan, back to the T56 transmission and driveshaft!
Gonna start the removal of the stock 4 valve engine tomorrow and start installing the Terminator heart!! :D

IMG_0846_zpspwrhkieb.jpg

IMG_0849_zpslfpx9lwq.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I think instead, you should just send me the T56. I am more than willing to accept late Christmas gifts :)

But seriously, this should be awesome!

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Drove into the shop at 8AM as a bone stock Mach 1.
At 7PM I drove it home as a Terminator swapped Mach!
Big thanks to Caleb @ Fastlane Motorsports for all his hard work and skill today. Made the entire drivetrain swap look easy.
From the new 8.8 rearend flange needed for the new Cobra aluminum driveshaft, to the wiring mods for the cobra alternator and engine harness.
He loaded a tune in my computer and the car fired right up. Drove it home and it was super smooth and ran great with the new 6 speed.

Got a few things to complete such as mounting the shaker, hooking up the intercooler pump and heat exchanger and then it will be 100%.

IMG_0901_zpsdi0alozt.jpg

IMG_0902_zpsl7e9x5hm.jpg

Mach20motor20swap204_zps2tz1ycpx.jpg

Mach%20motor%20swap_zpsglucnchm.jpg

Mach%20motor%20swap%202_zpsuydtsfpm.jpg

IMG_0916_zpsvijzwijq.jpg

IMG_0914_zpsimc91zdv.jpg

IMG_0918_zpsk3ovo4wv.jpg

IMG_0923_zpsz1xkh8d1.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol That's freaking incredible! Great work dude! Is that the old TT saleen making a Cameo?

So now you essentially have two terminators, just one SRA and one IRS. Any plans for a blower upgrade on this one too?

cheebs127

Reaction score
I've always liked the blue Machs and this is a perfect swap for it. I can't believe you pulled it off in less than 12 hours

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
The only issue I've had is with that darn oil cooler.
Apparently it started leaking the very next day, pouring antifreeze on the ground. Looked like it was coming out under the oil filter.
I've removed it (what a pain getting all the antifreeze out) and disassembled it.
Got a new O-ring kit from Fastlane and installing it tomorrow to get the car back on the road.

In the mean time, I cut/modified the stock shaker bracketry and lid to bolt onto the Eaton supercharger.

Will post pics later.

Ryan

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Got the shaker mounted to the Eaton.
A bit of labor to cut/modify the factory brackets, lid, etc.

IMG_0950_zps76uprl0o.jpg

IMG_0943_zpskcdl4skw.jpg

IMG_0941_zpsustrxtbl.jpg

Also got a new set of H&R Super Sport lowering springs to replace the Steeda Sports.

IMG_0961_zpscqx9chzy.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Know what's awesome, with the shaker on most people will never know the difference :) So it can eat the doors off of most things that try it, and look like a stock mach :)

neverenuff

Reaction score
If I blinked I would've missed a termi swap! Congrats man that was unexpected! Two of my favorite New Edges- now to find an '01 Bullitt..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I loved my red 2003 Mach 1 that I sold 2 years ago. It was just a fun to drive and look at car.
This Azure blue one has taken that spot now and I am absolutely in love with it. The blue is just badass to me and makes an awesome daily driver for me.

I put in a fuel pump upgrade today with the AEM 320lph fuel pump.
Did a few mods along the way including adding a few new holes into the fuel housing to ensure plenty of volume to the pump.
I also had to trim the upper plastic hat to clear the taller AEM pump. My dremel tool made quick work of it.
I used 5/16" submersible hose and deleted the PPRV valve and factory lines. I basically hooked the small right angle factory flex line to the top of the pump. I then connected it to a inline fitting so that my rubber submersible hose could attach. The other end of the hose connected to the fuel hat.
By using the small right angle factory piece, I kept from pinching the line closed when I installed the hat.

Got it all buttoned up and it fired up on the 1st try.
Now to slap on a pulley and get this thing on the dyno to get me some more power in the daily driver!

fuel%20pump%202_zpsvsvkfhem.jpg

fuel%20pump%203_zpskheplsjk.jpg

fuel%20pump%201_zpsjpylyfxl.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How does yours restart with the pprv delete? I've got that done to mine and am fighting an extended crank issue. I have to prime the pump a couple times before I start.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
This is awesome man. Didn't realize you had started a build thread but have been following it on Instagram. I was trying to explain to my wife how insane that termi swap was in one day lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.