Tubular Front End for Sn-95s Available?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Justin_Bradley, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Justin_Bradley

Justin_Bradley New Member

Okay, anyone that has seen the front end of the donor car I bought knows that from the shock towers up (on both sides), the front end is about as crooked as a southern politician. Now the original plan was to sell anything worth salvaging that didn't need, keep what I do need, then trash the body. However, I have been doing so thinking, and I wanted to know if there is somewhere I can buy maybe a tubular (kowabunga, bodacious :D lol j/j) front end for my car that I can weld in and still mount a one-piece fiberglass front end, just so I am not throwing away a chassis that is 80% good.

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

You mean the k-member? Check out http://www.maximummotorsports.com/ you can get their prodcuts thru our sponsors at a discounted price. MM makes wicked suspension parts and one of the only that I would use on my stang.

3. d_punch

d_punch Active Member

Matt i think he's talking about, like tubular frame rails, and rad support. then everything else like K-member, radiator, etc... is bolted onto.

i really doubt that you would find an off the shelf kit. but i could be wrong. you will most likely have to have it made by someone who builds race car chassis.

4. Justin_Bradley

Okay well let me take another approach:

If I bought a car with an effed-up assend, and cut everything from the firewall up off, how hard is it to get everything alinged and welded onto my car?

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Depends on your experience and tools at hand.

I've welded for a number of years.
    you'd have to measure it out very carefully. then brace and jig the subframe.
    you'd need to know how to weld it so the heat doesn't warp it out of allignment. :)

6. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

if u want to do it right is gonna be hard, most cars that being in ur situation are bondo sculptures.

7. Justin_Bradley

Bondo sculptures?