Tuning

joerhinehart

Reaction score
I think this is the right place for this. If not I'm new sorry haha. Okay here it is; I have a 94 gt vert and it's mostly stock. All that's done (i think this is how i bought it)is your common bbk cold air intake, smog and ac delete, and high flow cats into MagnaFlow exaust. I have been kicking around adding an on3 kit as I found one for a pretty good deal. Problem is no one offers a canned tune for forced induction and I don't want to spend 500 bucks on a tune I'm going to change anyway. Being on stock internals I don't want to push my luck and turn it up. Honestly my main goal this summer is to shut the kid at work with the cobalt (YES I said COLBALT) up but I can't do it as I sit......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You're going to have to fork out the money for a custom tune . Part of that covers the cost of the chip and dyno time . You will also need a wide band gauge to monitor your air fuel ratios . Retunes are cheaper much cheaper .

OP
OP
J

joerhinehart

Reaction score
Damn I was afraid of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

ranger56528

Reaction score
I just did a on3 on my 95 5.0 and then I went with the Moates Quarterhorse with The Binary Editor set up, I need to get it Dyno tuned now but have been fighting a no start issue that has nothing to do with the turbo instal but think I found out what is wrong,my new modual went out on me and really gave me the run around but anyway there is a person on the forum that can help you with a tune his username is Adder,he set up a basic tune on my Quarterhorse to get me to the Dyno for a full tune but like said.....You will need to spend some cash to get a wideband sensor and gauge then a tuner like QH and get it dyno'd to make it worth the cost.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
As it stands the Cobalt is faster. With a turbo kit you need a dyno tune anyway you shake your dick at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online