Turtle Wax ICE liquid Clay Bar = SUCKS

9psi 98

Reaction score
Yup, I tried it to see if it was worth it....it's not. I used it on my car the other night and it seemed easy enough. It works like a car wash and seems to work well at taking off minor stuff, but I had some water spots that didn't even budge after scrubbing numerous times. I used it on my truck tonight and I wasn't happy. I drive that thing into the city every couple of days with it and it gets washed a third as much as my stang does so it really acquires some nasty stuff. I had some crap on my hood that looked like overspray and felt really gritty that wasn't there the last time I clay barred and waxed it. I used the ICE stuff and scrubbed like crazy and it wasn't coming out. I decided to grab my "Mothers clay bar" and have a head to head challenge in my driveway. Go figure, the mothers clay bar took it all out without any effort. :dancing6:
The ICE wax might be good,I can't take smack about it cause I haven't tried it. One good thing that I can say about the ICE Liquid Clay Bar is that Turtle wax includes a scrubber that looks like an old lady's slipper made out of wax applicator foam. After I found out that the ICE sucked I washed it out and used it as an applicator for my Meguiars Color-X wax. The slipper covers twice the area than a typical circular applicator and avoids the hand cramping that always occurs after clay barring and then waxing. I'd just buy a larger foam applicator and avoid wasting your time with this product, it's definitely not worth your time. O0

drifts14x

Reaction score
Yeah, talk about dodging a bullet, I was going to pick some up tonight to touch up a spot the detailer missed on my rear bumper :lame: but knowing that, I'm just gonna buy another mothers bar

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Hopefully someone will try the liquid wax that you can apparently "use in direct sunlight" (who in the hell in their right mind wants to do that anyway?) to see it it's any good. I know if it's anything like the liquid clay bar it could be used as a good paperweight.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up as I will be keep using the Mothers Clay Bar. :thumb:

Whistler98

Reaction score
I used it last weekend and from the directions couldn't figure out weather the car was supposed to be wet or dry and well I tried it when the car was dry and it turned my paint white so I re washed the car and just didn't use it again. I was thinking of trying it with the car wet but I said ah just screw it. The regular wax works great though. I will keep using that I made sure to put some more on last weekend. It doesn't last long but goes on so fast I can almost do the car everytime I wash it.

OP
OP

9psi 98

Reaction score
Whistler98 said:
I used it last weekend and from the directions couldn't figure out weather the car was supposed to be wet or dry and well I tried it when the car was dry and it turned my paint white so I re washed the car and just didn't use it again. I was thinking of trying it with the car wet but I said ah just screw it. The regular wax works great though. I will keep using that I made sure to put some more on last weekend. It doesn't last long but goes on so fast I can almost do the car everytime I wash it.

It's supposed to work like a car wash. If the wax doesn't last long than it's comparable to a spray-on "quick detailer", that stuff doesn't last long either. I think Turtle Wax made a mistake putting their name on this product line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online