TWO motor builds!

copmagnet

Reaction score
I will update this at some point but i am very busy so i will skip my "project build" and talk about my 96 GT in my sig, I currently have her up of stands getting some pi heads, cams, ford racing intake, and hopefully an X pipe (if i can order it in time).

right now i am working to get the front starter bolt off, and harmonic balancer. (i need to make a trip to autozone.)

hopefully I can get some photos of that up here in the next day or two.

my "project motor" is an 01' pi motor

im not going to write out my whole dissassembly..but i'll post photos of it.

the plans for it ar as follow.

01' cast shortblock
manley rods and pistons
stock crank
B cobra heads <---ported
cobra intake <---ported
comp cam stage 2's

planning to hook it up to a t45 or 56. (car is auto)

obviously it doesnt sound like a super giant build some of you guys do, but at 17 (18 in 8 days) i believe this is more then enough power for me.

motor1.jpg

motor2.jpg

motor3.jpg

motor4.jpg

motor5.jpg

motor6.jpg

motor7.jpg

motor8.jpg

motor10.jpg

motor14.jpg

motor15.jpg

motor17.jpg

motor18.jpg

motor19.jpg

motor20.jpg

motor21.jpg

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
18 and doing all this? Fawk I'm behind lol. Nice build going man. Mad respect for you in the motor build department. I'm too scared to tear apart my motor lol. It screams for some comp cams though.

What's the benefit of Cobra B heads on a pi 2v shortblock? I saw someone on another forum do the same thing; I've been curious since than.

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
honestly, I'm sh!ttin bricks everytime i pull a bolt out....

anyways, think of it like this....how much hp does a 97 cobra make? your 97 gt? the difference? heads, intake, tune.

its all about the airflow. 4v breath better then 2V do.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome build! I have lots of B head parts laying around if you need the hookup.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
honestly, I'm sh!ttin bricks everytime i pull a bolt out....

anyways, think of it like this....how much hp does a 97 cobra make? your 97 gt? the difference? heads, intake, tune.

its all about the airflow. 4v breath better then 2V do.

Hahah damn well you obviously have a bigger sack lol.

Lol I happen to own BOTH a 97 Cobra and a 97GT. I know the 4v breathes better haha trust me 305hp vs 215 is night and day lol. My cobra puts bus lengths on my GT lol.

My question though is what's the power output going to be with your set up? Since you are using a 2v shortblock rather than a cobra teskid block. Like is there a benefit power wise or compression wise in using a 2v shortblock rather than just getting a complete teskid motor? I'm just curious bc I saw someone else do that and than turbo the sucker and it was awesome.

97LSxGT

Reaction score
looks like a fun ass build..when i turned 18 i was sittin at a Duke universitys hospital having cartilige replace in my knee lol..so i didnt get a motor to tear down..just crutches, fancy knee brace and ALOT of vicodin...good luck with your build bro!

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
i like the idea behind this build seems like youve got good plans, i have to question why you are choosing to use an 01 2v block instead of going ahead with a teksid mark8 or a 96-98 cobra teksid motor.seems to me youd be able to sell a pi motor for around the price of a used b head setup save weight and have in essence 6 bolt mains when you include the jack screws, also the added benefit of a forged crank if you purchased a 96-98 engine. regardless though seems ambitious and im a b head man myself as run them on my race car and have worked over a few sets of them for peoples cars in the past so im a fan of what you are doing. if you need any help at all as in questions or anything feel free to ask here ill do my best as i know others will as well lots of helpful people on this site.

Knuckles

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
Hahah damn well you obviously have a bigger sack lol.

My question though is what's the power output going to be with your set up? Since you are using a 2v shortblock rather than a cobra teskid block. Like is there a benefit power wise or compression wise in using a 2v shortblock rather than just getting a complete teskid motor? I'm just curious bc I saw someone else do that and than turbo the sucker and it was awesome.

nope, the 4.6 shortblock is the exact same, just the cobra has the teksid stuff making it lighter. the reason i am sticking with my block is because its near perfect shape, no ridges, didnt even have to be honed. and i save some money this way. most people want crazy money around here for teksid blocks anyways. I got my whole pi motor for 50$

Awesome build! I have lots of B head parts laying around if you need the hookup.

possible you could hook me up with a sweet deal? my whole pi swpa thing i'm doing is out of total frustration because i cracked my intake manifold and couldnt get a pi intake to seal properly and leaked coolant..so i ended blowing 500$ on parts to do a full pi swap...i forgot how fast money goes..

i like the idea behind this build seems like youve got good plans, i have to question why you are choosing to use an 01 2v block instead of going ahead with a teksid mark8 or a 96-98 cobra teksid motor.seems to me youd be able to sell a pi motor for around the price of a used b head setup save weight and have in essence 6 bolt mains when you include the jack screws, also the added benefit of a forged crank if you purchased a 96-98 engine. regardless though seems ambitious and im a b head man myself as run them on my race car and have worked over a few sets of them for peoples cars in the past so im a fan of what you are doing. if you need any help at all as in questions or anything feel free to ask here ill do my best as i know others will as well lots of helpful people on this site.

Knuckles

like i said to the other guy, it came down to money and what I have on hand. If i can get a teksid for cheap in good shape i'll jump for it, same with a crank eve though the crank i have is rated up to 600HP.

I dont plan to run boost with either motor so cast crank and blcok seem fine for now. I'm also still in the planning phase on the "dohc" build because i spent all my money plus more to rebuild half my motor.

twovalveterror

Reaction score
looks like you're headed in the right direction. I agree that is plenty of power for you at this point. be careful!

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
if you want shoot me a pm with the parts you are needing, i know a few people may be able to get you some parts cheaper if youd like.

Knuckles

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
so right now I'm almost ready to pull my driver side head off for the pi one.

right now i'm stuck getting my stock midpipe off. i already broke one bolt on the driver side manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online