Update: Welp im off to the garage w/pics

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
sigh im nervous as shit. dont know why. guess its all in fun.

I dont know if yall remember awhile back i raced a white evo 3 times comming back from ricekiller. (when i had bad overheating issues) first race from a 50 roll i beat him by 2 cars or so. 2nd race a little slower from 2nd car shut off, 3rd time from 3rd and he spooled up his turbo and put 3 cars on me. Well turns out he may be there and he runs 11.7 in the 1/4. evidently he says i have been talking shit and i need to tell the truth he "raped" me both times..my li lbrother and my buddy both know i beat him the 1st time. so im nervous i have a machine i know is capable of 7's..just not sure if i will be a dissapointment to both me, my car and this site. :-[

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i never kissed his ass i want to run him again.

we also may go to the feed mill to weigh in our cars before as well. :dancing6:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:

I dont know if yall remember awhile back i raced a white evo 3 times comming back from ricekiller. (when i had bad overheating issues) first race from a 50 roll i beat him by 2 cars or so. 2nd race a little slower from 2nd car shut off, 3rd time from 3rd and he spooled up his turbo and put 3 cars on me. Well turns out he may be there and he runs 11.7 in the 1/4. evidently he says i have been talking shit and i need to tell the truth he "raped" me both times..my li lbrother and my buddy both know i beat him the 1st time. so im nervous i have a machine i know is capable of 7's..just not sure if i will be a dissapointment to both me, my car and this site. :-[
You can't go out there thinking that way,it will just ruin it for you. Just clear your mind,ignore the other lane,and just have fun man. There's always going to be someone faster,don't let that own you.....think of tomorrow as a learning experience,and you'll do fine.

On a side note,you should really start to think about a snow kit,esp for times like tomorrow,you could add Nitromethane to your methanol,and add another 50-75hp.....the shit is just awesome :behind:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
95KBGT said:

You can't go out there thinking that way,it will just ruin it for you. Just clear your mind,ignore the other lane,and just have fun man. There's always going to be someone faster,don't let that own you.....think of tomorrow as a learning experience,and you'll do fine.

On a side note,you should really start to think about a snow kit,esp for times like tomorrow,you could add Nitromethane to your methanol,and add another 50-75hp.....the shit is just awesome :behind:
thanks man. im going to try my best and drive it like it is someone elses car. I plan on the meth kit, but i heard its junk...im better off with a dry shot of n20...im not sure. i have so much appeance and show crap to get done before the show season starts its retarted, and im still trying to stay on the performance side, im thinking Sub frames and Rear LCA's next maybe not sure.. lol...so much too do.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
lol...I hear ya man,so much to do,not enough time to do it.lol

seriously,no offense,but who ever told you the snow/coolingmist kits were crap,doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about. How many kb'd 5.0's do you hear about that run over 14psi.......only the ones with meth kits. I would never be able to run 18psi without the snow kit(been doing that for 2 years now),and this summer I'm going up to 20 when I go back to the dual nozzel set up. You can build your engine,do a H/C/I,and you'll never go over be able to go over 400whp with that blower,the discharge temps will always keep you in check. I run 26* of timing,and 18psi on 92 octane......best money that I've ever spent.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
so your telling me get some heads, decent cam, snow kit and a performance lower and up some boost to get to 400hp?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
No,I am saying that you'll never go over 400rwhp with that blower,even if you end up doing a HCI......the compressor just wont be able to keep it's efficiency. That is why most of us kb guys eventually end up going with meth,it's the only way to cool things down,like a IC would....which allows you to run more timing(which is more power),and higher boost levels.

I've been running meth injection for over 8 years,and not once have i been let down. Same with Tinman,he runs the same combo except with a 347 dart block,oh ya.....he's also one the first pushrod kb car to 10.10's. He runs a coolingmist setup,and 15psi.....full timing too.

kb 10.10 run.....full weight cobra

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
:eek:

so definatley do the hci, but do snow performance as well

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
:eek:

so definatley do the hci, but do snow performance as well

Exactly ;)

Right now,it would be more beneficial to you to do the Meth kit first,to free up all the hp that you're losing from lack of timing,and table restrictments....you'd probably see a gain of 50hp right of the bat. Then do the heads,cam,and inlet......after that,your next mod will have to be a larger compressor that can keep up to the engine's ability to flow,so you'll need a 2.2,or 2.0 hybrid.....then the sky's the limit for hp.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
is kdale a 1/4 or 1/8? don't be suprised if that evo takes off on you, awd will rape you. if its an 1/8 mile, good luck catchin him! :)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
DOOO IT DOO IT! Snow kit ftw, i've heard nothing but good things about them.

Paul when do you plan on being out there tommorrow?

ALITL8

Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
is kdale a 1/4 or 1/8? don't be suprised if that evo takes off on you, awd will rape you. if its an 1/8 mile, good luck catchin him! :)

from what their web site says theyre a 1/4 mile track. tracks up here dont open until Feb... i'll be out there though trying out the subframe connectors and LCA's.

Paul good luck and have fun!!! looking forward to the vids... win or lose ;)

Link to Texas Raceway, Kennedale, TX http://www.texasraceway.com

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
they dont open up here until april 21st (my b-day how unlikely is that)

ALITL8

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
they dont open up here until april 21st (my b-day how unlikely is that)

thats a good way to spend your birthday though... at the track havin fun!!! :banana:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya but its my 21st b-day so i will either be passed out or still drinking :drunk:

ALITL8

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
ya but its my 21st b-day so i will either be passed out or still drinking :drunk:

race first then drink ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online