Vacuum Hose to Canister & Purge Valve Solenoid

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Does anyone have better picture of this one presented below. My car has a slightly rough idle every so often. The CEL is giving a code for this, I replaced the hose that went to plenum from purge valve solenoid but I didn't replace the side that goes to Charcoal canister.

aIMG_9733.jpg

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Crankcase Ventilation Connector

I was looking in my PDF manual and couldn't find this part online, but I found the PCV stuff easily. Can anyone help?

2ce22ko.jpg

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I clicked on the link but it went crazy when the page opened up. In your second post, you're needing the part that the red arrow is pointing at? You should be able to find something like that in the help section of an Autozone or O'Reilly's etc. As for the first post I literally just replaced the vacuum like from the solenoid to the charcoal canister TODAY lol. Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Mine was severely rotted and almost completely apart in one spot. I went to the store and found a PCV adapter 90* fitting, not sure on the sizes but one side was large enough to fit on the nipple on top of the charcoal canister. I had to do a little rigging to get it to fit on the hose going to the solenoid...I took a short piece I cut off of an old dipstick tube and used it to tie the two hoses together. I'll take a pic in just a second so you can get an idea what I'm talking about.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
63c2ec118d8a59df6dfef419d20a79fd.jpg

32683a0c3985cc836a4a2362e7203ffe.jpg

Hope that makes my post above make more sense. You can see the open end of it is larger, to fit on the charcoal canister. And in the second picture you can see the piece of tubing I used to join the two together. I had to spray a little WD40 on both sides to get em to slip on but shouldn't have to worry about it coming loose. It's a tight fit but not too tight to the point where the rubber will stretch and break. Hope that helps you man!

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks man! This helps a lot, did you put the 90* bend on the part that connects to the charcoal canister nipple? I ordered a need canister because I figured it was old and needed to be replace. Yesterday night when I popped the hood, I smelled a faint smell of gas near the front of the engine towards the passenger side fender. I do not know if the charcoal canister was venting to atmosphere but I didn't smell it again this morning. All my emissions stuff needs to be replaced concerning rubber hoses. The crankcase ventilation tube that connects to the drivers side valve cover has oil residue on the cover. I just ordered that part of rock auto because I believe it looked like the same piece. The rubber piece that connects to that part that attaches to valve cover is old an original.

Now, the rubber hose that connects to the purge solenoid is original and degraded severely. I am going to replace that hose that connects to charcoal canister and the canister itself. I read that the canister can get saturated with gas and start stinking with gas. My car is not a daily driver but since I've been driving it a lot because my daily has been down. A lot of little parts need attention. My Evap Purge solenoid has been replaced numerous times and the sensor once. I should of replaced everything a long time ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online