Valve Cover Questions

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Over the winter I will be re-doing a few things under the hood, and I am planning on adding a breather catch can to my setup. I currently run old school Team Breed valve covers. I was planning on getting mine powder coated black, and ran across the black TF covers. Does anybody here run them? Any leak problems? Do you know if there are threaded fittings? I'm pretty sure my Team Breed only is threaded on the driver side and the passenger side is push on. When going to the catch can, I will be going with AN fittings and if both driver and passenger sides were threaded on the TF covers it would make it much easier. Thanks!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
since you're getting yours re-coated, you could weld on the fittings as needed, then coat the final product. Just and idea.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
since you're getting yours re-coated, you could weld on the fittings as needed, then coat the final product. Just and idea.

That was initially the idea, but this is the first time I came across these black TF ones. Honestly for what I could sell my Team Breed ones for, I would probably make out. If I kept my current TB's, I would have to get the passenger side modified to accept an AN fitting, have both powder coated, and get new gaskets. For $250 I could get the brand new black TF ones (which come with new gaskets and all hardware) and if they are both already threaded, be done and sell my Team Breed ones for an awesome price. I absolutely love my Team Breed ones but just trying to make it as easy as possible, whereas it seems if these TF ones are both threaded I could just slap them on and run my catch can setup and not have to worry about modifying the passenger side + powder coating, etc...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
ahhhhh. gotcha. I understand now, amigo...

yeah that was long winded, but to make it short I could sell my Team Breed ones for basically the price of the black TF ones and be done, or I would probably have to drop $200 in fab work/powder coating to my team breeds.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the trick flows and they are just like the team breed covers..drivers side is threaded and passenger side is just a hole with a grommet...I'll be welding a fitting on to my passenger side soon...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Dang, was hoping both would be threaded. No big deal I'll just fab up my Team Breeds. Those look awesome btw

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Just got confirmation from Trickflow that only their driver side is threaded, not the passenger side for anybody looking for this feature in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online