Vanity mirror lights

Reaction score
SN95 vanity mirror lights. What turns them on ? I am thinking that when you flip the mirror down it should turn them on correct ? I had them working a while back but the actual cover you open came off its moorings. I'm thinking replace the entire unit would be easier than trying to find a cover and trouble shoot the wiring. Is there a source for replacing the sun visor/ vanity mirror.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Fuse # 13 under dash for "illumination lamps" , since vanity mirror lights are not listed anywhere , this must be the all inclusive fuse for them. I can see no other possibility for fuses. All other dash and interior lights function so it leads me to the actual switch in the visor that should turn them on when you open the mirror. I'm going to take a test light and see if I can find power to the mirror lights themselves. I found a replacement visor/vanity mirror on E Bay but they were asking $68 , a bit steep for my liking.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fuse # 13 under dash for "illumination lamps" , since vanity mirror lights are not listed anywhere , this must be the all inclusive fuse for them. I can see no other possibility for fuses. All other dash and interior lights function so it leads me to the actual switch in the visor that should turn them on when you open the mirror. I'm going to take a test light and see if I can find power to the mirror lights themselves. I found a replacement visor/vanity mirror on E Bay but they were asking $68 , a bit steep for my liking.

well no, fuse #13 does not HAVE to be the fuse that is for it. In all seriousness when there is a power problem the fuses are the first thing I check and I do not even bother with the manual as it takes too long and is not all that great for this really. I have learned long long ago that logic like you used lead to a long search till out of desperation I just got on my back and either pulled and inspected each fuse, or ran a volt meter down the back to check EVERY fuse in the car. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it seriously takes less then a minute to check them all, where as it takes a minute just to find the page in the manual and start reading. I agree that with nothing else having a problem, its probably not a fuse but the next step is to actually remove the visor and make sure that the wire that powers it is still connected. You can skip the fuses and go straight to checking the wire connection if ya want but I always start with the steps that do not require disassembly myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online