vibration betwen 60/70 mph

GT Rob

Reaction score
I'm getting a vibration at around 60 to 70 mph then it goes away . I thought it was my u joints but after checking them there good maybe tires out of balance. Trying to figure out where it's coming from I'm thinking maybe my tie rods or something like that. Hoping it's not coming from the motor.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I had a similar problem, my wheels got rebalanced when I asked a shop about vibration in my steering wheel and it cured that. Still have a body vibration though right around 70....Id like to see if anyone has some ideas about what could cause this.

Butch

Reaction score
Balance drive shaft¿ mine vibes plus 80ish not bad but a bit. I can kinda hear it and feel it on the shift stick

Sent from your moms breastesses

OP
OP
GT Rob

GT Rob

Reaction score
Never thought about the balance of the drive shaft what kind of shop does the balancing

Butch

Reaction score
If u have upgraded diff or gears, most likely u need to re balance ur drive shaft or buy a new one.

Looks like I need to. Not sure if the PO did. Plus peace of mind

Butch

Reaction score
Never thought about the balance of the drive shaft what kind of shop does the balancing

Good question, if you find out let me know ֦

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
had the same mph related vibration many years ago. Turned out when I replaced my clutch the final step was to put the drive shaft back in and on the way in the balancing weight hit the drive shaft loop and fell off! I could not figure it out. then when on the lift we saw where the old balancing weight was welded and was no longer there. different rust color!!!! Yup we took it to be rebalanced and vibration was gone. I think it was 35 back then. I would not waste my money on an aluminum one because I bent 2 of them launching on slicks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online