Vortech 4v GT dyno video

2002GTstang

Reaction score
I picked this car up a few months ago and have been working some bugs out as it's a fairly new build. Hell, the car itself only has 16k miles on it, and the engine/trans has way less than that. My biggest goal was to create a better driving car so the first thing to go was the draw-through MAF setup. With the car pushing 18lbs of boost, it was a little bit of a pain. The original tuner must've only tuned for power because it drove terrible at part throttle. I changed over to a PMAS blow through MAF and built new tubing for everything. I thought I'd post the video up. 614rwhp/511rwtq. Lee did an awesome job, the car drives like a stock Cobra until you lay into it!

[video=youtube;FvSr28wG6mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSr28wG6mo[/video]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Another Blankenship masterpiece!!!!

His tunes 99% of the time are spot on. We only know 1 fellow who’s had issues and that’s cause he tried to do something you just shouldn’t do!! Lol

But I won’t mention any names....... [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION]. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ill take your comment and put it like this.....

Its miraculous the engine could be tuned to run at all......but Blankenship did it!!!!

Here is why

1st 18.1static compression

2nd the pistons #2 rings where not properly sized allowing loads of oil by. (Pistons from a serious propane drag racer)

3rd the piston was not an E85 piston meaning the pistons crown was way undersized for the E85 cylinders heat range.

Blankenships tuning is bar none next to no one but in a league all of his own well above any competition. My car proved it!

Even though i tore the experimental engine down shortly there afterwards, i paid for experience in multiple ways and im glad that i did!

So did i regret a tune From Blankenship...absolutely not. Ol'boy scratched his head at my ideas, but always answered my emails! Customer service regarless of what the customer is proved he is a stand up guy!

OP
OP

2002GTstang

Reaction score
Ill take your comment and put it like this.....

Its miraculous the engine could be tuned to run at all......but Blankenship did it!!!!

Here is why

1st 18.1static compression

2nd the pistons #2 rings where not properly sized allowing loads of oil by. (Pistons from a serious propane drag racer)

3rd the piston was not an E85 piston meaning the pistons crown was way undersized for the E85 cylinders heat range.

Blankenships tuning is bar none next to no one but in a league all of his own well above any competition. My car proved it!

Even though i tore the experimental engine down shortly there afterwards, i paid for experience in multiple ways and im glad that i did!

So did i regret a tune From Blankenship...absolutely not. Ol'boy scratched his head at my ideas, but always answered my emails! Customer service regarless of what the customer is proved he is a stand up guy!

That's awesome, he really does do a fantastic job. I literally did see him scratch his head a couple of times while doing my car, it's a set up a little different than some others! But there's no doubt, I could tell a difference in the car after pulling my car 50ft out of his shop for the test drive. The power is still there and the car drives like it's stock.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION]

You know I just had to give ya hell for that. lol

I’d of loved to of seen that setup actually run but as you stated, too many things going against you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online