vortech v1 Q's

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
well i still havent gotten my fmu recalibration kit, the shop said i should be getting it tomorrow. today, though i disconnected the fmu and now my car runs like shit either way!!!!!!! one thing i noticed is that when i disconnect my act sensor the car doesnt make any difference??? i connected it on the wrong place too.i put it on the tb intake elbow, and i think it should have gone before the vortech right???well do u think i messed up the sensor by putting it there???

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
I wouldnt think so, although possible. they are not that expensive. I broke mine a while back, and yes they do go before the blower, mine is around 6 to 8 inches away from my maf.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
well let me explain everything that happened,
first we opened the fmu and we opened the four bolts inside that we were not supposed too, oops!!!! but we are guessing someone had already done that before us cause it had a half a borken ring inside.
good news ,
we told the shop that we opened it and they told us it had to be sent to vortech to be repaired,but told us they had a new one frome a previous owner who went straight to injectors, so he sold it to us for for $40!!it was calibrated for 19lb injectorsso we just used the calibration kit we bought.we installed it and everything,
the iat is good and we intalled it before the vortech,pics below,the maf was one of the reason the car was idling like shit, we moved it and the car works a lot smoother,
we took the spark plugs and the gap was .040 on 5,6,7. and 8.on 1 ,2 ,3 it was .045 and on 4 it was .030 that was from stock when we first installed the plugs about 6 months ago.we decided to toss the 764 platinum and went with 764s copper and all gapped at .035.we installed evrything back together and fixed a small vacuum problem on the regulator hose .
when putting everything back together, i noticed that on the distributor cap, the firing order didnt make sense , all this time i had 3, and 7 mixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer: thats the reason that it seemed like it was running rich but 6 plugs came out white and 2 black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im a retard!!!!!!
well everything back and the doesnt hesitate or anything but the idle is still not perfect and it pops through the exhaust a little, nothing like before but still does a little.do i need to mess with the timing now???or is that normal???well let me know waht u guys think and pics below....
cs222014.jpg

cs222018.jpg

cs222020.jpg

cs222021.jpg

cs222022.jpg

14d685ae.jpg

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
is that your actual fuel pressure? raise it if so, I would start with 36 38. good deal on the fmu also. platinums are crap for forced induction, be glad you tossed them, not sure about copper, everyone I talked to said to run the regular autolites.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
well the little idling that was wrong? well guess what 5, and 6 were mixed 4 wires were off!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer:we tossed the crappy borg warner wires that were there and got some msd wires and fixed the firing order and now it runs like a bat outta hell, it screams and purrs like a kitten on idle. i love it!!!!!!!!!! it revs up like a bitch too!!!!!!!!!!thanks for all the info and help and im super happy with my vortech!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online