Warning chime chimes when door open all the time.

Wayne

Reaction score
anyone have this problem before I'm having it on my 94 I just bought it suppose to sound if your lights are left on or you left the keys in the ignition switch when the door opens or will sound if you don't fasten your seat belt "with the key in the run position" but not all the time the door is open with lights out and no key in the ignition.

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

Reaction score
my 95 gt only chimes if you leave your key in the ignition or if you leave the lights on.

ripper

Reaction score
My 95gt does the same thing Wayne. Key in or out. And the theft light blinks. I just ignore it.

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
my car does this too. When you put your key in the ignition there is a black piece that rotates where the key is. If it is chiming when your key is already out, just move it back and forth a little until it stops. I ignore it, havent felt like spending time to figure out how to fix it.

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

Reaction score
:thumb: thanks guys hope I can help all of you out sometime.

Mustanger

Reaction score
My 94 does that too...I sprayed lubricant into the keyhole & it cured it for a while but is back now...This winter I plan on pulling everything apart & replacing the whole key assembly, mine is sloppy worn out...I bet I fix the chime then.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im going to get a new tumbler fords suck...ive read you can just replace the tumbler for like $15 and its golden anyone know about this, mines all buggered up and chimes most of the time and kinda rotates out of place.
???

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

Reaction score
Ok I fixed it today I pulled out the switch and brought into the house so I could see it better. It has a thin small copper strip that is held down by a silver colored strap of metal and a very small piece of plastic on the end of the bar and a v shaped bend just before that.I used to pairs of needle nose pliers to bend the end of the copper strip and I used a ohm meter to test it with the key in and out it took a while to get it just right but I got it after using the pliers cutting edge to nip off the plastic end "just busted it off didn't cut the copper strip" a few more bends and it worked but I would suggest cleaning out the little slot where the small metal bar slides up and down in that touches this copper bar first "Hind site is 20 20" mine had some oil in it that may have been causing to stick Hope this helps someone out. Oh to get the key switch out put you key in turn it to on position find the hole in the plastic cover under the switch insert a "I used a pocket screw driver" you will feel a little button that pushes in then pull the switch out It would be good to take the battery neg cable off before you start and remember while the switch is out a flat head screw diver is all it takes to crank you car so don't keep it out long and lock the doors to keep someone from riding off with your ride. :banana:

Steeda98GT

Reaction score
I straight disabled my chime all together, i couldn't stand it anymore.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks Wayne for that how to!!!! I never knew that procedure before, think I'll go try it tomorrow...good job sharing.

OP
OP
Wayne

Wayne

Reaction score
Thats what its all about. I need to remember and take photos of this stuff. Helps if you can see it. :banana:
Wayne in SC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online