Warrior's grandpa car

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ughh...im so jealous! I love them big cars! I miss mine and all it does is sit cause my buddy that bought it from me doesnt pay attention to it!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ughh...im so jealous! I love them big cars! I miss mine and all it does is sit cause my buddy that bought it from me doesnt pay attention to it!

Go buy it back! It shouldnt just sit there, that is a downright disgrace!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Lol sounds like it was a pain in the butt!

Was it ever! I’m hoping it’ll be easier going in. I won’t have the torque converter hanging off the back of it, so I should have an easier time setting it down in there.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's true. It's a pain to put the converter in from the bottom I imagine, but the ease of inserting the motor probably makes up for it lol

Reaction score
I bought one of these one time!

It was super clean and only had like 10x,xxx miles on it. Well, it had spit a spark plug, and they tried using a helicoil to repair it... they screw the spark plug hole up so bad that even a timesert was out of the question... I got the car for 2-300 bucks but wasnt about to sink any real money into it by replacing the head... so I dug around my uncles shop and found a piece of threaded pipe... i cut it down to the length of the spark plug hole in the head. Then I drilled and tapped the head for the piece of pipe to fit into... the I tapped the inside of the pipe for the spark plug...

the whole time my uncle was just sitting their shaking is head. I vacuumed out the metal shavings the best I could, then doused the pipe in lock tight and screwed it into the head.. then screwed a new plug into it.

I did this because I was bored and did not expect it to work.

Fired the car up and expected the plug to shoot out, but it didnt... so I drove it up and down the road beating on it, nothing... so I drove it 15 miles or so home, it ran great.

The next day I was at my uncles and his buddy was over there and just loved the car and just had to have it. I told it what I done and that it was just a temp fix, and it really needed a new head. He offered me 800 bucks for it and I took it...

He kept that thing for a year or so before selling it, and it was still running good. Lol

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Ok, spent a couple hours working on the grandpa car yesterday afternoon.

Got the torque converter installed
Untitled by William Luketich, on Flickr

And the engine ready to go.

And set it in the car.

I got almost everything finished in about 3 hours. Ive got to put the intake manifold on it and should be able to fire it up tonight.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Man this thread makes me miss my 98 p71. It was a fun car and pretty quick for a heavy ass 4 door sedan with an npi 4.6 and 3.27s haha! I cant wait to get another one.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Man this thread makes me miss my 98 p71. It was a fun car and pretty quick for a heavy ass 4 door sedan with an npi 4.6 and 3.27s haha! I cant wait to get another one.

Im excited to finally get to drive this one. I dont know anything about these cars lol.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All I’m saying is if your naming as such then you need to go buy an ol mans looking hat, a grey wig, a walking cane, and hit up good will for some old geezer clothes.

Then dress up and try to look 80 and go fishing !!!!! Get white to do the same and record it. I’d love to see the look on people’s faces when they get whooped up by a couple old farts in a Lincoln town car!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
All I’m saying is if your naming as such then you need to go buy an ol mans looking hat, a grey wig, a walking cane, and hit up good will for some old geezer clothes.

Then dress up and try to look 80 and go fishing !!!!! Get white to do the same and record it. I’d love to see the look on people’s faces when they get whooped up by a couple old farts in a Lincoln town car!!!!! 藍

To properly go fishing he needs a hype man. Some moron that hardly knows better but to hang out the window or off the car while acting like a monkey. Evil would be perfect for this...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To properly go fishing he needs a hype man. Some moron that hardly knows better but to hang out the window or off the car while acting like a monkey. Evil would be perfect for this...

Why do you think I said white should go with him!!!!! Lol

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
So what'd you run at the track? lolol

Hey man, Im quick but not that quick! I did start it up and make sure it ran yesterday evening. All is well accept for an oil port plug that I forgot, so now I have a puddle of oil under the car. I was wondering why it sounded rough lol.

Then dress up and try to look 80 and go fishing !!!!! Get white to do the same and record it. I’d love to see the look on people’s faces when they get whooped up by a couple old farts in a Lincoln town car!!!!!

Don't think I would be opposed to it. When this thing is finished, we might just have to do that.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dude I would so totally fly down there and join!!! That would be the funniest day or night ever! Totally epic YouTube worthy stuff!!!!

3 “old farts†out whoopin on a bunch of whipper snappers!!!!!!!! Lmao

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I also discovered that the mustang cam and crank sensors are just different enough so they don't plug in to the harness. I had to swap them over to the town car stuff, which meant pulling the a/c compressor back off and swapping the crank sensor out. I guess this is their way of selling two different sensors that do the same thing and marking one up higher than the other one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Staff online

Members online