Waxing ?

wytstang

Reaction score
Paint sealants are not better for your paint, they are just another type of paint protection. But what 2 polishes (Z-AIO or Z-PC) are you using and what paint protectant (Z2 PRO, Z5 PRO, Z-CS or ) are you using?

Reaction score
I use the z5 and z2 polishes(one is the Scratch polish, and the other is the gloss enhancing polish), both with the ZFX kit. I use z6 spray detailer between each coat of polish, and after I'm done, finish it w/ the z8 grand finale spray detailer

wytstang

Reaction score
I just went to Ziano store to read the description of those products. Both of those products (Z5/Z2) are both paint sealants. So you are putting anywhere from 4 to 6 coats of paint sealant on your car. Seems a little over kill to layer 2 different sealants and both having 2 or 3 coats each.
You don't think just Z5 or Z2 alone will give you the protection you need?

Reaction score
My car is a show car. When I have a day to detail my car, I strip everything off the paint first and clean it w/ the claybar and all, so I start w/ a clean fresh slate each time. Then I do the swirl/scratch polish (z5) followed by the Z2. I usually do 2 coats of the z5, b/c it's all my paint needs, sometimes 1 or 3 just depending on how long its been and if I have swirl marks and all. But I can tell you from experience, that w/ every coat of z2 that goes on, the paint looks better and deeper. The z2 is the one that I always do atleast twice....most of the time 3 times. I don't do it just for the protection. My car is never in any type of element to need protection, except sun...and even that isn't too often. I do it for the appearance that it gives my car.

So to answer your question, yes, protection-wise, I think 1 coat is perfectly fine. But appearance wise, it changes w/ every coat I add.

Reaction score
yeah, we got my wife a new car almost 2 years ago, and ever since, I've only had to put a few thousand miles on my car just driving it to shows and on pretty days just to enjoy it. But I actually use Zaino on her car as well, although I do only do 1 coat of z5 and 1 of z2 on hers.

blackpony

Reaction score
wanna come wax mine.... :angel4: from the right angle mine looks kinda blue from the oxidation.... i have tried 3m rubbing compound followed by their polishing compound and diddent really help much....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online