Waxing ?

ripper

Reaction score
Every bottle of wax or polish I see says use on cool surface and in the shade. Well this is almost impossible on the Jersey shore lol. I aint about to wax at night. How important is it? And what is the downfall of waxing a hot car in the sun. I write this as my wax is drying on a hot car in the sun :coolsmiley:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
It really depends on the wax...but aslong as your car isnt a dark color you should be good.

If your car is dark and you wax in the sun it leaves streaks and its hard to get off.

Your not really supposed to do anything to the car cause it softens up the clearcoat and makes it easy to scratch/swirl the paint up.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just wax at Night.....Thats what i do. The wax needs cool shade and cool paint to harden properly or the wax will never really harden on then paint.

I wax around 1AM with Lights.

1FastGT

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Just wax at Night.....Thats what i do. The wax needs cool shade and cool paint to harden properly or the wax will never really harden on then paint.

I wax around 1AM with Lights.

creepo. i personally have not found a wax im happy with. miguiers (grammer) is the best thing ive come across. but i dont know im still almost unhappy with it

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1FastGT said:
creepo. i personally have not found a wax im happy with. miguiers (grammer) is the best thing ive come across. but i dont know im still almost unhappy with it

if your using stuff from PepBoys you wont be satisfied..... take a look at 1Z or wolfgang.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
I'll check them out handz buddy thnx. I def wont be out there at 1am LOL.

grthayer

Reaction score
1am. geeze. now thats called a true mustang fanatic rite there. lol i love the wheels off my car too.

G

GREG@SN95

Justin @ obsessive detail sells several waxes that can be used in sunlight. They are great quality.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a number of waxes.
Poorboys Natty's is a great topper and SSR1/blue polish goes on real easy.

The Optima line from Justin works great too.

neris

Reaction score
i have the same problem! funny cuz i live in point pleasant too! it's either too hot/sunny here or its disgusting. never an in between :angry7:

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
All of my waxes that I carry work excellent in the direct sunlight. Easy on and easy off with no residue!

Reaction score
I use Zaino....and I don't think it matters sun vs. no sun if I remember correctly. I may be mistaken, but I think I remember reading that on the website when I first ordered it. I always do mine in the garage anyways though, so I'm not positive.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
poorboys stuff here, and love it. can be used in sun, just do small sections at a time.

95blackstang

Reaction score
Johnnybravo382 said:
I use Zaino....and I don't think it matters sun vs. no sun if I remember correctly. I may be mistaken, but I think I remember reading that on the website when I first ordered it. I always do mine in the garage anyways though, so I'm not positive.

i was thinking about ordering the zaino kit how good does it actually work?

Reaction score
I have used everything sold in stores...never used poor boys or any of that stuff. But I have never seen anything do what Zaino does. I usually do about 3 coats of each polish when I do my car, and the paint seems to get deeper with every coat. I get compliments on the paint and questions about what I use at every car show I go to. Nothing else will ever touch my paint again.

wytstang

Reaction score
Johnnybravo382 said:
I have used everything sold in stores...never used poor boys or any of that stuff. But I have never seen anything do what Zaino does. I usually do about 3 coats of each polish when I do my car, and the paint seems to get deeper with every coat. I get compliments on the paint and questions about what I use at every car show I go to. Nothing else will ever touch my paint again.
What do you mean by "3 coats of each polish"?
What exact products are you using?

Reaction score
The Zaino kit uses a 2 step polish system instead of a wax, which is better for your paint than wax. I usually do both polishes 2 or 3 times when I do my car. It makes for a long day, but the finished product is unlike any other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online