we had a little accident

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
Whatever you hear about explorers and roll overs is true, they roll very easily. My wife was driving us home from a friends house last weekend, hit a patch of black ice & started to fishtail. I grabbed the wheel from her to steer us out of oncoming traffic. I tried bury it into a snow filled ditch, but once we hit the shoulder of the highway the back right tire popped off the bead, and we rolled twice down the shoulder of the road. We both walked away with minor injuries, but the worst part is that 3 cars drove past without stopping, including the van that we almost hit. What is wrong with people :mad:. If you see something like that happen right in front of you, don't you think that you would stop and ask if they needed help. Anyway, we are lucky to be alive. Thank god we were both wearing seatbelts because the airbags never deployed. Without seatbelts she would have been pinned by the crushed roof, and I would have been ejected. I only had the explorer for 5 months, oh well now I am looking to find a ranger. I can get more use from a truck anyway. Vehicles can be replaced, lives can't.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
wow, glad to see you are ok. We had a bad blizzard a few weeks ago and a woman from out of town rolled her ranger (might have just landed on its side). They just tipped it over checked the oil etc and she was on her way. Luckily for her we had a lot of snow in the ditches. The paper said there was only $50 of damage to it. She was lucky

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
damn glad your family and you are okay. Same thing happen to me almost (kind of), when i first got the stang driving in my first winter :/ Good thing it wasn't a SUV, but my passengers 1st reaction was to grab the steering wheel also.. not sure if it helped but we ended up spinning about (2) 360's and ending on the other side of the road facing on coming traffic... good thing the cars stopped inches away from my stang. Scary man. Just scary.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Dang man, glad to hear you guys came out ok, this reminds me of a couple of years ago when i did the exact same thing in my SHO taurus
except i did manage to hit the huge ass snowbank and "grinded" the bank like a skateboarder for about 100 ft at a 45 degree angle lol.

Good luck on your next car man. O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
good to hear you came out with no injuries....but damn that car is fucked up. my mom's friend rolled her Tahoe a couple years ago on the highway, no snow or anything.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Wow,at least no one was seriously hurt. I can't believe that no one stopped to help :nonono: People these days are just cold. The explorer actually looks pretty good considering the roll over,it faired well. Ford should really put side impact sensors for airbags incase of roll overs though. You'd think that they would do it on all suv's,especially after the huge recall.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
dang man... thats insane stuff. glad your ok. what was it like in a roll over? or do you remember?

glad your both safe, id rather pass up a vehicle for my life..

OP
OP
B

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I'm glad that i grabbed the wheel from my wife, because she went into panic mode. (foot to the floor on the brake pedal) She just kept the wheel straight, thats why i grabbed it from her. We hit the shoulder at an angle, thats why the tire popped. The rolling part was scary. I remember seeing all the shit that you keep in a car flying out the open windshield, and a shit load of glass flying all over. (purse, cell phones, flashlight, and all sorts of other projectile objects.) I'm still picking slivers out of my hands. All things considered the explorer did hold up pretty well, my wife wasn't pinned, but she did get hit when the cab crushed on the drivers side. The feeling of the roll was kind of like a corkscrew on a rollercoster, but it felt like it was in slow motion. :noes:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i know what you mean about the slowmo.. ive never riddin a roller coaster (no hatin lol) so i don't know the corkscrew feeling.. i can sorta imagine it though.. glad you and the wifey are ok though.

lrall

Reaction score
air bags never deployed?? WTF, that sounds like a recall waiting to happen. glad everyone is ok

94Vert

Reaction score
good to hear your all ok. My wife and I were hit by a drunk driver on my bike. It's funny how everything seems to go so slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online