Well my motor is cooked

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
Hey all,

Well after all that work replacing head gaskets.. looks as if my motor is cooked.. rings are gone in more then one cyl :(
Soooooo I had given up on thr car and had it up for sale then a friend of mine told me not to sell it and offered me a 3.8 out of his 2001

well after much thinking about it. I have decided to do an engine swap :dancing6: it will be going in two weekends from now. what I would like to know is this, is my computer better 1994 then the 2001 for modding? or should i swap the computer too.?????

I think 145HP to 190Hp gain is a good thing..? :)

Don

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will have to swap computers 94-95 have OBD1 compare to the 01 that have OBD2.Last time i checked

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:
you will have to swap computers 94-95 have OBD1 compare to the 01 that have OBD2.Last time i checked

Hey there,

Thanks very much.. good to know.. we will doit as well.. anything else you can think of? me and my buddy are doing the swap..
hes sure its just a drop and swap no probs.. the PC was the only thing we wernt sre about?

Don

PS: My old motor is FS fi anyone in my area wants it :)

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
CobraClone94 said:
ıʌɐɾ said:

Hey there,

Thanks very much.. good to know.. we will doit as well.. anything else you can think of? me and my buddy are doing the swap..
hes sure its just a drop and swap no probs.. the PC was the only thing we wernt sre about?

Don

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I have had a crappy weekend, Nothing went right with my engine swap, Nothing fit and nothing worked.Sooooo I have decided to do a V8 swap instead.
A friend of mine has a 5.0L out of a 95 to drop in, Good news is I have a 94 V6 with the PC and harness to sell as well as the full magnaflow catback exaust system I am willing to sell it all CHEAP!!! anyone that is close enough Come get it .. LOL.. I need a bit of money to get a few parts to make this swap happen..

PM is key LEt me know if anyone wants this stuff..

Don

PS: My old motor is FS fi anyone in my area wants it :)

MSRTom

Reaction score
Hi there. I just joined, but I'm an established poster on v6power.net.

The 01 motor is NOT a "direct swap"

First of all, DO NOT try to use the 01 ECU. You are going to need a tune.
You have a return style fuel system, and the 01 has a returnless. You either need to modify the 01 rail to incorporate an FPR or get a fuel rail from a 96-98 Ford Windstar, as they are split port and a return type fuel system.

You will also need an 01 throttle cable, the connectors for the TPS and IAC, and will need to either drill and tap or otherwise accomodate your other coolant temp sensor, as the 01 only has a provision for ONE.

You will also need to swap your Cam position sensor into the 01 motor, as the 94-95, 96-00 and 01+ have different signal types.

I wouldn't give up on the swap, but I wish you would have done better research before starting it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online