went to elm street over the weekend

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
theres a restaurant around where i live called chuck-a-burger. every saturday, all kindas of cars, mainly muscle cars, come and park in the parking lot to shoot the breeze. if you want you can go out on the 5 lane highway and run'em if you want. all in all its a good time. ran a few myself and did better than i expected.

the first was a buddy of mine's 94 cobra. he just got it not to long ago and is still getting used to it. we did a 20 punch to 80 and i had him by 2 cars.

the second was a 78 camaro with a 350. i had him by 1 car at 80. his limiting factor was his 3 speed automatic

the third was another buddies 97 cobra. he had me by a lil over a length at 80. he still has the stock rear end gears and he would gain on me in the 5700-6700 rpm range (damn cobras)

the fourth was a 98 camaro ss. i wasnt really stoked about running him but the people that knew him said he wasnt a very good driver so i knew i could get him on shifts. so we went out on the highway and started from 20. as soon as we nailed we stayed right next to each other. i scratched second and jumped ahead a fender. through second we stayed dead even. i went to hit third and my shifter bent forward like a warm stick of butter. earlier that day, i was messin with the position of my shifter to see what i liked best. i took the bottom bolt out so i could tilt it my way. tightened it down and tested it out. apparantly i never put the bolt back in and when i went to hit third, i just eneded up punching my headunit. i believe i woulda had him to 80 by a fender.

its a pretty good time down there. everyone brings their cars out to show them off. theres some pretty fast stuff down there. theres a twin turbo trans am that runs 9s. several cobras and a real clean turboed fox. all kinds of old muscle cars. old camaros some road runners and even an old mach 1 showed up.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I wish we had something like that around here. Everyone mostly ricers where I live goes to this local "strip" and screws around. And there are cops EVERYWHERE. The unmarked ones are pretty sneaky too. :police:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah there is a designated place for the ricers. they park at the sonic up the street. then all the muscle cars gather at the chuck-a-burger. theres deff a lot of cops though. usually one sitting on each on ramp. just gotta watch for them.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
People around here get busted for just sittin' around in the parking lots. No one really gets in trouble for racing.

Should be the other way around to me. :dunno:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
whats cool is chuck-a-burger encourages people to come and park in there parking lot. this is a weekly event. they get a lot of business from it so ther isnt a lot the cops can do since we have permission to park there. if the parking lot fills up though and some people start parking at dairy queen, they hand out tickets left and right

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i wish there was a place like that around here, in downtown theres just a bunch of ricers that try and hang around at gas stations. All these cars have for performance gains is negative aerodynamics from those ridiculous body kits, and they still want to run with the big boys, i saw one trying to pick a race with a 67 camaro RS, stupid ricer

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
After a second read of your initial post, how the hell did you stay even with an LS1 through any gear. :dunno:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
After a second read of your initial post, how the hell did you stay even with an LS1 through any gear. :dunno:

thats why intially i didnt want to race him. first he asked to race my buddy with his completely restored 69 camaro but he declined. then he was like who owns this mustang, and i was like well, you should easily be able to beat me but why the hell not. then when we were leaving some people that know him told me he just bought and thinks its the fastest thing in the world but he doesnt know how to drive it. apparantly he really doesnt know how to drive it. only time i gain any on him was the shift. :dunno: guess he just cant drive to save his life

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
Red96GT said:

thats why intially i didnt want to race him. first he asked to race my buddy with his completely restored 69 camaro but he declined. then he was like who owns this mustang, and i was like well, you should easily be able to beat me but why the hell not. then when we were leaving some people that know him told me he just bought and thinks its the fastest thing in the world but he doesnt know how to drive it. apparantly he really doesnt know how to drive it. only time i gain any on him was the shift. :dunno: guess he just cant drive to save his life

He is either physically retarded or doesn't know how to push a gas pedal down. He should have been able to beat a lot of us here in reverse. :(

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
hahah :hammer: thats what i was thinking. wasnt even going to race him but it was in the direction of my house so i thought what the hell. trust me i was tickled to death to see how well i kept up

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
hahah :hammer: thats what i was thinking. wasnt even going to race him but it was in the direction of my house so i thought what the hell. trust me i was tickled to death to see how well i kept up

Yeah man I would feel on top of the world right now if I were you. :boink:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
nah not really we were just even from 20-65. i dunno just better than i expected i guess

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
haha well thats not toooo far. the way you talked it sounded like you were gonna be there next weekend lol

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah i have a texas hat. not particularly a fan of texas but i liked the hat :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online