My Neglected 94 GT vert

OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score
Nice work on the interior, the black carpet really pulled it all together. Those cloth seat covers look great too! I'm usually more a fan of leather seats but that turned out nice, kind of a 95 Cobra R look.
What other plans do you have for the future?
I need to alight the windows on the passenger's side at some point. They don't quite meet up all the way.

The engine is leaking oil. Looks like oil pan... more than likely rear seal.

Right side rear axle bearing sounds like it's on the way out.

Front struts and strut mounts need to be replaced.

Maybe see if I can find someone who makes a trace board for the back of the instrument cluster. The contact for the right turn signal peeled off the board at some point. I tried to glue it down, but that didn't work either.

I need to replace the rear speakers and make a sub box. I've been putting that sub box off for a year. I've had the sub sitting in my cave. The amp is running the new front speakers. Was going to just use the rear channels to power the sub and leave the rear speakers on stereo power. I've had good luck with that in the past, so I might just keep it that way. An extra $150 slides into my wallet, though... I might just go with a dedicated sub amp. I can go either way with that.

The wife asked me Monday how much it would cost to paint it. Not sure I want to open upthat can of worms yet...

Last edited:

Tac1

Reaction score
Great write up and awesome progress. Thanks for giving me the idea to replace the door speakers while I'm in there fixing the window motor as well

OP
OP
b1pig

b1pig

Reaction score
Today, I tackled a little project that has been on the back burner for a while. I bought a Skar 4ch amp thinking I was going to run the doors on front channels and the sub would be bridged. Me being me, I failed to really read on the amp before I bought it and the sub. Both of which I bought 2 years ago. The amp has been in the car running the door speakers for just over a year, but has also just been sitting on the trunk floor.

After I really looked at what I bought, I figured out that the sub would only work with this amp if I ran each voice coil to a single channel. I mean... it would work, but a single sub really needs to be mono.... so I put it off. I started a couple of weeks ago building a sub box. Its my first attempt at really forming anything with fiberglass. I might show the final result. I might not. Its ugly. I might cover it in carpet. Who knows.

Anyway. The box is in progress, so I saved up a couple bucks and ordered a mono sub amp. Had one of these in a Audi a few years ago. Worked amazing and had the capacity to totally overdrive the sub that i was running in that car. I figure it will handle a 10 at 2ohms just fine. So. I found a piece of plywood in my shop a couple weeks ago when I was cleaning up.

I decided that these amps being of the same family from Skar, would look and fit perfect on a board affixed to the lower vertical part of the trunk separator. End result?

1711242432360.png

1711242485679.png

Finished up wiring the rear panel speakers to the 4ch amp. Sub amp is wired to power, and waiting on the sub to be installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online