What CAI fits?

tvsn95

Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense. The same amount (mass) of air will flow through an 80mm opening (i.e. the MAF sensor body) whether the pipe in front of it is 80mm or 800mm.
I have been out a few days,,, but you are just stupid.. study the subject

TrickVert

Reaction score
I have been out a few days,,, but you are just stupid.. study the subject
i_know_you_are_pee_wee_herman.gif

tvsn95

Reaction score
To all,, poor choice of words on my part.
Now I will go hunt my own Easter eggs,,,,maybe I will bump into a few of you guys LOL

tvsn95

Reaction score
Let me try this again
I agree that if you are making NO functional changes just adding chrome, then the tune should not change. But you need to understand that the MAF needs straight ( laminar ) flow. air at speed will compress. if you have a curve in the plumbing before the MAF it can create denser air next to the outside radius that will/can change the amount of flow that the MAF will read "IF" the MAF element is in the higher speed compressed air flow.
Now , if you use small tubing you can get higher velocity across the entire range,,,,,,Yeah the flow is the same .BUT richer from the Maf perspective . Larger CAN be leaner.
back in the day small changes were made by clocking the MAF to make air fuel changes..
An air straightener, or screen goes a Long way in preventing these things and as a rule . there is no downside to a screen within reason.
I install 05 slot Maf's, they are about 2 " long . and tube diameter and placement is very important. the larger the tube the LESS sensitive the MAF and the leaner it will read all across the flow range.
If you are into tuning these are basic principles that you need to grasp, your life will make more sense as you beat your head against the wall and work in circles.
I am sorry about the stup comment. Poor choice on my part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online