What color should i paint... *pics added*

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
What color do you guys think i should paint my valve covers and intake? Its a cobra intake and there is a polished piece that says ford motorsport SVO which i will leave polished except i will leave the paint in the letters. I was thinking of either dark green or black, maybe even a silver/aluminum? I was wanting to polish the intake but the casting is rough and it seems most guys have around 40 hours in it and that is a lot of damn time. I plan on getting a polished rad cover because my black one is scratched up and broken up and maybe even get some polished radiator hoses.

Here is the dupli color paints http://www.duplicolor.com/products/colors/highheat.html I was thinking of the racing green (hunter) but i dunno if i should just go black. :help2:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Re: What color should i paint...

do racing green...just becuase i wanna see it before i use that to do my CAI. ;D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

haha. ya i am wondering what it looks like too. :dunno:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

hmm, i dont know the green would definitely be different on your intake.. i think either the green or polish it up.. dont do black IMO.... either would look good though man. id like to polish mine up..

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

ya i think ima try the green. Id like to polish mine but i dont have the time to spend 40+ hours on it plus that would be down time for the car so i couldnt do a little here and there id do it all at once. i might polish up the calipers. They are small enough it wouldnt take too much time.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score

green or a gray ( like the stock wheel color )

94twinscrew

Reaction score

Aluminum or lt gray...I did all my brackets with their cast aluminum spray,and was really happy with it. I think that green or black would just disappear in the engine compartment,unless you have a ton of chrome.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

94twinscrew said:
I did all my brackets with their cast aluminum spray,and was really happy with it.

can you post pics of that? id like to see how it looks. how noticeable is it?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

I say polish er up

94twinscrew

Reaction score

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
94twinscrew said:
I did all my brackets with their cast aluminum spray,and was really happy with it.

can you post pics of that? id like to see how it looks. how noticeable is it?
I just went outside to snap a few pics for ya,the one close up has a ton of belt dust,and the engine is filthy,but you can get the basic idea....it just looks clean,like it belongs. I have another set of brackets that I'm going to get chromed,but did this to get me by.

this pic shows the difference.....alt bracket painted,and P/S bare...
427078332_f43ba4f95f.jpg

newer pic both done....but engine's filthy :puke:
427087246_434536851b.jpg

427087269_ed71eeb6b6.jpg

can you say time to clean?lol

427087266_2934bb0cdf.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

if your engine is dirty in that pic....then my car is some kind of third world devastation. :hammer:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score

I say black. Or chrome....?

I need to clean my motor BAD, twinscrew do you have any tips? I need it SERIOUS. More than dirt too, rust.... :nonono:

94twinscrew

Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:
if your engine is dirty in that pic....then my car is some kind of third world devastation. :hammer:
:lol: :rollinglaugh: the first pic is the only clean pic,the others I just took today,and the engine's got tons of belt dust,and road grime.....I know,I'm OCD :(

94twinscrew

Reaction score

FIVELITERS said:
I say black. Or chrome....?

I need to clean my motor BAD, twinscrew do you have any tips? I need it SERIOUS. More than dirt too, rust.... :nonono:

I posted in a topic a few days ago about tips....a lot of good info in the thread. http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9112.0

get some rust inhibitor,and touch up paint,along with some clear....and nip it in the butt before it gets out of control. That's why I always wax my engine bay and firewalls....cheap rust protection.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

hey man engine looks awesome! how would you go about polishing up the intake? steel wool and some polish? what do I need, i have alot of steel wool (different types from like rough to fine..).. but what else, and do i just sit down with the intake and scrub away for hours on end?

FIVELITERS

Reaction score

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
hey man engine looks awesome! how would you go about polishing up the intake? steel wool and some polish? what do I need, i have alot of steel wool (different types from like rough to fine..).. but what else, and do i just sit down with the intake and scrub away for hours on end?

I'm interested in how to do this as well. :boink:

94twinscrew

Reaction score

FIVELITERS said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

I'm interested in how to do this as well. :boink:
Thanks guys...but I didn't polish these inlets,I bought them.lol It takes a lot of effort and time to polish out a factory intake...A LOT. I did it to my friends bell housing though. I use a large wire wheel on a air drill to remove the surface grit and oxidation,then once I got down to a reflective surface,I changed over to a padded wheel with billet polish/compound....for about three hours. After that,plan on using billet polish on it every week for a whole season to get all the contaminants out.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

Well i plan on getting polished radiator cover, stainless radiator hose and it already has a chrome cai. Maybe ill go take some pics to give you guys a better idea. Im still thinking either that dark green or aluminium, id like to polish it but the casting is real rough and all the guys say that they have atleast 40 hours in it. Before i post pics i will warn ya that it isnt perfectly clean and there are some things that need to be adressed (radiator cover and hose mainly). This weekend will be cleaning and tiddying up everything under the hood. (hence why i am asking about colors.)

94twinscrew

Reaction score

pics would be great....it may be easier to visualize

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

ya thats what i was thinking. ill go get some in a minute. The last guy put that cheap braided shit over the radiator hose and it looks like shit so ill pull that off first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy