What color should i paint... *pics added*

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Re: What color should i paint...

Ok i got some pics. Not the best but it will help.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Now picture it with a polished radiator cover, stainless radiator hoses (mr gasket) (they have some colors too but no green even though they have green ends :dunno:), and if the alternator ever takes a shit it will be chrome. I dunno i say its between the green and aluminum. :help2:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Your engine is actually pretty clean man....stop knockin it. I think that if you painted the brackets and upper and lower intake aluminum with a clearcoat,and did the letters in your body color,it would look bad azz O0

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Where can I find a chrome radiator cover??

I say polish em up

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
hmm thats a good idea actually. What about the valve covers? I think the green would look good with the aluminum intake, brackets etc.

How about stainless radiator hoses, are there any other options than mr gaskets flex ones? They have chrome green etc. I could get a chrome hose with green ends. The green is kind of light though. My boss put the chrome ones his 70 chevelle and i think they look pretty good... i might even have to get the heater hoses to match.

Here is a pic of the hoses

7201101xcombo.gif

what ya think?

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Fets said:
Where can I find a chrome radiator cover??

I say polish em up

I think upr makes one and there are others out there. Just search and you will find them

Ok then you come up here and polish it up for me. I have a job and dont feel like not driving the car for as long as the intake would take to polish it (minimum of 40 hours). Maybe if i get bored next winter ill polish it.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its not that hard to polish though. Just bust out the dremel and go to town on it...

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the casting is rough as hell so you have to get it all smoothed out and plus all the little crevaces. With power tools it still takes 40+ hours

94twinscrew

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
hmm thats a good idea actually. What about the valve covers? I think the green would look good with the aluminum intake, brackets etc.

How about stainless radiator hoses, are there any other options than mr gaskets flex ones? They have chrome green etc. I could get a chrome hose with green ends. The green is kind of light though. My boss put the chrome ones his 70 chevelle and i think they look pretty good... i might even have to get the heater hoses to match.

Here is a pic of the hoses

7201101xcombo.gif

what ya think?

I think that if the top and front are done in aluminum,the VC's would look great(but make sure they match body color) in high gloss green. I would just get the MAC radiator hose kit like in my pics....I think that they are only $120 now.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I dont know about being able to match DFG. Wouldnt i need a high temp paint? Duplicolor has a hunter green that looks dark but i havent seen it in person so i dunno how close it is. Im looking around for the mac radiator hose right now.

and fets i see mac has a radiator cover too just go check out there site

94twinscrew

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I dont know about being able to match DFG. Wouldnt i need a high temp paint? Duplicolor has a hunter green that looks dark but i havent seen it in person so i dunno how close it is. Im looking around for the mac radiator hose right now.

and fets i see mac has a radiator cover too just go check out there site

It should be close enough,I was just talkin about the other shades that they have that don't match.lol

I like the Mac rad cover better than UPR's.....the mac looks just like the oem size.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
lol gotcha. Where the hell can i get the mac hoses? I havent had any luck finding it yet. Judging by the pics of the mac cover it didnt look like it came with a chrome hood prop. I know i saw a kit that had one too. Maybe i can get the hood prop seperately from someone.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
aha! i found the mac hose kit @ lrs. It looks better that the flex. It has baby blue clamps i wonder if i could find some green ones instead or if some paint would hold up.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I know that you can get them from Hilomar,but good luck finding them....You could spray them black with a rubber coating,or just use a wide colored sharpy....don't laugh,it works.haha

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
good idea. ill get some black rubber coating. Man it should look bitching with the rad hoses, cover, painted intake, painted valve covers etc. After all this talking i need to go out in the garage and play with the car. I need to clean up the inside badly! Thanks for the help twinscrew.If there are any more suggestions keep em coming!

94twinscrew

Reaction score
No problem man,glad to help.

Oh,I'd paint the T/b the same color as the upper too......and the same green on the dizzy would look pretty mint too.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i will get the tb too, never thought of the dizzy cap O0

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i got all the paint and other supplies that i needed ordered. Maybe this weekend i will get the valve covers and intake done. No guarantees cuz a buddy is coming back so there may be some heavy :drunk: instead :naughty: . dunno if i will get all the brackets etc done at the same time or maybe next weekend. Man i am pumped i think it is going to look awesome once it is done. Ill order the rad hoses, cover etc too. Ill be sure to get pics up asap

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya ill make him clean up and do the shitty work like a true friend does ;D

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
that hose should look awesome man! i cant wait to see how it turns out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.