What color to paint cobra calipers

96_GT

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have some 2003 cobra calipers that I will be putting on my sn95 but I can't decide if I should paint them red or silver so I wanted peoples opinions.
Here is the car for reference.

Mustang3_zps479141f4.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Silver if you want them to look suttle, red if you want them to stand out.
In the end, either will look great.

9838stang

Reaction score
you copied my headlights and corners lol. the i would do silver. but at the same time red would look good. the silver, if you were to sand the caliper to the metal and get rid of the dirt and brake dust, would blend in if it chips.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
do red but a dark almost maroon'ish red. kinda like the color of your tail lights. i would'nt go bright red on them like the caliper painting kit offers.

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
black. silver behind polished wheels would get lost.

chris91

Reaction score
Do the Caliper in Red and the Bracket in Gunmetal. Thats what I did to mine and they turned out great. And no need to buy the brake paint kits, just pick up some high temp engine paint. Works like a charm and is A LOT cheaper!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am all for painting it some cool color if you have some really wicked super car brakes to show off(and never use) but if its just the stock caliper I would paint them to clean them up but not to draw attention. Go with the body color, maybe use a decal to put some off-colored detailing on it to help it pop a little but unless you are dumping cash into them I would try to keep it simple.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Blue, orange, green, gold... Something bright and cool.

wildman97

Reaction score
I wouldn't do black it will not stand out at all. Silver would look good if the "COBRA" letters were painted black to stand out. Like mentioned above the caliper paint kit that brush on was a PITA to get even.

OP
OP

96_GT

Reaction score
So I finally got around to painting the calipers. I ended up going with the silver with black letters. I used caliper spray paint, and then did the letters with a brush, I thin they came out damn nice, what do you guys think?

I picked these up used, but they were stripped fully rebuilt. You can tell they were painted or powder coated red before, they still had a slight red hue. I'll post more pics when I get them on the car.

Here is a before paint:
Calipers_Before_800_zps7324711b.jpg

And after:
Calipers_After_800_zps45aa20d0.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online