What gears?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Autos 373 would be ok if your not into extreme performance, 410's if you are. If you have a 4.6 you need the 410's for sure, and cobras 410's for normal street and 430's for the extreme Snakes...........like me ;)

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Got the 4:10s in and they are a lot of fun, easy to boil off the line, even with the Torsen torque sensing diff, which I highly recommend. The traction with this diff is noticeably improved. Gas mileage is noticeably worse too, but have you to sacrifice to get something worthwhile.

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Got the 4:10s in and they are a lot of fun, easy to boil off the line, even with the Torsen torque sensing diff, which I highly recommend. The traction with this diff is noticeably improved. Gas mileage is noticeably worse too, but have you to sacrifice to get something worthwhile.

you have to pay to play! :banana:

QIKGTS

Reaction score
Sorry I'm in on this a little late...

My take on this is 4.10's in an auto are the right choice for the driver but not for the computer. 4.10's in my buddies car caused the trans to hit the rev limiter too quick and the shifts got all f'd up. That car had some bolt on's, a 125 shot, street tires, a 2400 rpm stall and he had the lockup disabled too. Car got sold but he ws planning on doing the 4rw70 (I think) planatery gears. Thats a good swap too, huh?

If you get 4.10's you should at least have some tuning done and also get a new torque converter if you want to drag it, you'll be much happier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online