What is the general consensus on an aluminum driveshaft?

Reaction score
Fellow forum members... I'm looking to squeeze every bit of power out of my 98.

How does everyone feel about aluminum driveshafts? Pros/Cons? Which brand/manufacturer should I go with? How difficult is the intall? Is it even a worthwhile investment?

I have a bunch of parts on my livingroom floor which I should be getting installed all at once very soon, probably within the next week or so. I'm just contemplating the aluminum driveshaft so that I won't have to make a separate appointment with my installer/tuner in the future. Might as well get it all done at once.

I'm very excited about the upcoming install, should be a big change in performance, especially with the PI cam/intake swap and of course the dynotune. I'm hoping to be somewhere in the vicinity of 240rwhpish.

SonicStang

Reaction score
I have the FRPP one, it is really lightweight and well balanced. Recommendable.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you can get one under $150 and have nothing better to spend the money on, get one....i bought one for $125 a few months ago, but the buyer flaked on me. :nonono:

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be investing in one in the near future. I'll probably go with a FRPP one from jegs.com. I live beside their warehous so I can just pick it up, no s/h charge :dancing6:

Hybridbird

Reaction score
If you have a good DS shop you can get one like I did.Get one out of a CVPI for 15 bux get it cut and balanced for 60 bux and new U joints for 40 and there you go, factory Ford DS for 115 including tax. :banana: :dancing6:More $$ left over for :drunk:.

Whistler98

Reaction score
If you have the money for one do it. Very easy mod. I have the frpp and it is very light weight. I got mine b/c I had the mod bug and was outta mods I could do without a retune lol. Next on the list is sub frames and upper and lowers.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
i believe it helps you rev quicker...
at any rate its less rotating mass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan4480

Members online

No members online now.