What is this??? Help!

anguem

Reaction score
aze8adeg.jpg

My speedo went out and I poked my head under the car to make sure the vss was plugged in and noticed the rod hanging down. Also noticed a stud at the end of the tranny brace. What is it so I can fix it.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Everything looks as it should be. The rod at the bottom hanging down is the exhaust hanger. You can see the rubber mount on the middle right corner. The speedo sensor looks fine also. If it is not working take the bolt out on the hold down and then remove the sensor. Inspect the gear on the end, and take a light and shine it into the transmission. There is also a plastic gear in there that tends to fall from the carrier or get stripped. Don't worry, the gear oil isn't that high so you won't make a mess removing it.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Everything looks as it should be. The rod at the bottom hanging down is the exhaust hanger. You can see the rubber mount on the middle right corner. The speedo sensor looks fine also. If it is not working take the bolt out on the hold down and then remove the sensor. Inspect the gear on the end, and take a light and shine it into the transmission. There is also a plastic gear in there that tends to fall from the carrier or get stripped. Don't worry, the gear oil isn't that high so you won't make a mess removing it.

Ok but do you know what the very large rod to the right of the pic is? It's threaded and has a bit on it??

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think it's a pipe from the smog pump. Hard to tell without seeing further back or the other side of the trans.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
runeqy9u.jpg

Here's another pic from farther away. Wtf is it? Lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is some plumbing around the area of the cross over on the pipes that leads back up to the front for I think the smog pump.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Wow never knew it went that far back. How hard is it to remove it. I don't like the idea of it just hanging there

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's supposed to be connected to the back of both heads and to the smog pump.
All ot can be removed but you'll need plugs on the back of the heads and on the midpipe.
Where is your mid pipe? My o/r H still had the connection for the smog pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online