What Ive been up to lately

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well, heres the stang...still tranny-less sitting in the driveway:

001-2.jpg

But some good news. I just picked up a little 'beater' to drive around. It's a 1994 Ford Explorer. It has 173,xxx miles. Auto, 4x4. This older lady who works with my dad let me have it at a steal ($1500). I could easily sell it for $3k-$4k. It is extremely clean, and I already pretty much fixed it up as much as I want to. I put a new Fram filter in, new plugs, new oil, black floormats, and a cheap little JVC headunit. Other than that, this car will just lug me around until I can get the stang up and running:

002-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Hopefully by the end of this year I can order the tranny/blower cams and get the stang ready to see the road in 09.

95-stang

Reaction score
Looks like you picked up an extremely tidy motor there. :thumb:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thanks. Its nice to finally have a car that you can just throw whatever in the back and drive off. For 3 years the mustang was my only car....and it has a rear seat delete. So it wasn't the best car to have to drive around every day.

NERD

Reaction score
How ironic, my buddy just did the same exact thing. He kept shredding serp belt and parked it for the winter and bought a black 94 exploder! He paid 3200, good find!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well it will be very easy to get it fixed. Just extremely expensive. I just need to buy the complete package from Darrin over at BC-Auto and swap out the tranny/converter and all will be good. Its just a fairly big project which will take some time. oh well, stuff happens. it will be running stronger than ever though!

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I guess our photoshoot will have to wait til next summer... :hammer:

Not bad for a DD...not a fan of the color tho.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah it'll have to wait till next summer. oh well. im honestly not crazy over the color, but for the price i bought it at it could have been macaroni and cheese orange and i would have picked it up :thumb:

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
So true...you got a sick deal, I don't know if I could have passed that up if I came across it. I've always wanted a DD.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, ive wanted a DD for like 3 years now. so im happy i picked this up finally. the only thing that sucks is that when all said and done, i have probably spent close to $2000 for the car with transferring the title and doing all the tune ups that i have. When thinking about it I could have had the tranny sitting in my room for another grand :nonono:

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
yeah, ive wanted a DD for like 3 years now. so im happy i picked this up finally. the only thing that sucks is that when all said and done, i have probably spent close to $2000 for the car with transferring the title and doing all the tune ups that i have. When thinking about it I could have had the tranny sitting in my room for another grand :nonono:
Don't think about it that way...

Summer is coming to an end, soon enough winter will be here, and now you are SET. You can baby the stang and take good care of it under its cover until it gets nice again. Then you can save up and get it back on the road.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, it just sucks because im a big car show guy. I only got to go to Carlisle this year. But oh well. Next year I plan on going to tons of local ones, Carlisle, and Mustang Week out in Myrtle Beach. wooo

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
did you find that on craigslist? i think i saw it.im also from jersey,we should plan to meet up for the cruise to mustang week next year,great time,cant wait.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
It may have been on Craigslist...not positive though. the lady works with my dad so thats how i got the scoop on it. I'd definately be down for meeting up for mustang week. that will make the 14hr. ride less painful lol

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Nice find for your DD. That is a vey clean vehicle for that kind of mielage. Now get that trans in. :hammer:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm gonna start saving up soon, so it shouldnt take that long. Like I mentioned I'm not gonna kill myself over trying to get it, but I'm expecting to be able to order it by the end of this year. So come early 09 the beast should be ready to roll.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
Good luck with the install bro. I don't blame you for taking your time since it is not your DD now.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thanks man, i may just be getting in touch with you when i do the cams. before that can even happy, i need a tranny though! :wall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online