What pads for a beginner? Just got a used DA

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
Like the title says, I just picked up a used DA and I was wondering what pads I should get? The unit it didn't come with a backing plate, pads, etc. I plan on practicing on my Escape before attempting the Stang.

Thanks

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use Lake Country pads and started with them with my Porter Cable.

Obsessive Detail is a sponsor here and has starter kits with pads and backing plate or you could check out Chemical Guys for kits also.

Obsessive gives a 10% forum discount if you PM them.

g36 monkey

Staff
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go through Obsessive. Justin has been nothing but helpful to me

Sinned83

Reaction score
Lake country or hex logic pads. It's pretty easy with a D/A you should be good with yellow,orange,white plus a couple softer ones for finishing.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I would stay away from the hexlogic pads. They are terrible.

Harbor Freight sells some 6" pads from Warrior in orange, blue and black. They are good values ($5 a piece) and would be good for beginners. Once you've got some more experience, upgrade to Lake Country flat pads.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
buy Lake Country CCS pad they are real solid pads I love them, might just be me though here is a link to them http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-ccs-6pack.html with a brief description of each pad!

I love the CCS pads, but I don't think they are a good choice in this instance. Those little dimples in the pads hold product and probably aren't the best choice for a beginner. Also, CCS pads are recommended generally for the more powerful Flex polishers and similar machines. Most detailers will recommend flat pads for a DA polisher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mustang 351

Members online