What shortblock setups are yall running?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on who and what you are having done.
If your just getting a P&P you will save money and i wouldn't just let anyone touch my heads. You also have to factor in new Springs/Valves/Guides etc into the cost of the work as well as cleaning and inspecting your heads and down time while your car is not running because some porter hasn't got around to doing the work yet.

Unless you are sending your heads to Renegade or Fox Lake or MPH and you are sure they are in great condition....i'd just get a new set from one of those companies already completed.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
If your just getting a P&P you will save money and i wouldn't just let anyone touch my heads. You also have to factor in new Springs/Valves/Guides etc into the cost of the work as well as cleaning and inspecting your heads and down time while your car is not running because some porter hasn't got around to doing the work yet.

Unless you are sending your heads to Renegade or Fox Lake or MPH and you are sure they are in great condition....i'd just get a new set from one of those companies already completed.

Oh for sure. I was just mentioning the "cheaper" route.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

that's what i was tryin to say
but aarons way is cheaper

but for me, i was thinkin since i can't deal with all the down time, i'd get an engine stand then get a forged shortblock, heads, cams, intake (or whatever else i wanted/ was gunna get) and put it together on the stand then swap motors out

but since my motor is fresh it would be cheaper to buy pistons and all that but then again... gettin a shop to be able to do it takes time when and it will make more downtime but when a shortblock is already setup you just buy it and swap it out... see what i'm sayin?
make sense?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I want an MMR Stroker 850. I too am running built NPI heads, and I love em. They were done by Jason Steen of Steen Racing. I still have my stock NPIs if anyone's interested...

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
I want an MMR Stroker 850. I too am running built NPI heads, and I love em. They were done by Jason Steen of Steen Racing. I still have my stock NPIs if anyone's interested...

P&P'd NPI's flow slightly better than P&P'd PI's do at .500 @ .550

Daywalker

Reaction score
I love the idea of having a "stroker", and of course the added torque. But, I'm really considering just gettin the MMR 600 and saving a couple hundred bucks. Or I could put it toward upgrades like ARP headstuds, and/or side bolts etc...

Reaction score
Once I get money straight, I plan on making a pure boost motor. Using the Teksid aluminum block, cobra crank, aluminum flywheel, P&P PI heads, H beam rods, forged flat top pistons, a high flow oil pump, better valves, stiffer valve springs, comp 270s, with a PI intake, and 75mm throttle body & plenum. Once I get it built, just swap motors that way I wont have too much downtime with the car. Then later on, maybe a T56 :coolsmiley:

Sound like a good set up?

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
I'm running....

Teksid Block Bored 20 over
Stock cast crank
I-beam forged rods ( I dont remember what company)
Probe -4.5cc pistons
Clevite bearings
Cobra Oil Pump
ARP Bolts all around

Im running stock PI heads and XE262AH Comp Cams

I love it revs up real quick, goal was to keep the rotating mass down.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
I love the idea of having a "stroker", and of course the added torque. But, I'm really considering just gettin the MMR 600 and saving a couple hundred bucks. Or I could put it toward upgrades like ARP headstuds, and/or side bolts etc...

I really dont think the stroker is worth the money, honestly. You can do a big bore for about the same price now.

Daywalker

Reaction score
J.R. said:
Daywalker said:

I really dont think the stroker is worth the money, honestly. You can do a big bore for about the same price now.

Big bore???

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
A block with a bore of 3.750 instead of 3.550 or whatever it is. Same cubes, different method.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online