Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
logo-nova-vodcast.jpg

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
Ive looked around on some forum classifieds and on ebay for 4V cobra motors, but i havent had much luck. Where are some good site to look?

Would that route be better than supercharging my 2v motor?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:
Ive looked around on some forum classifieds and on ebay for 4V cobra motors, but i havent had much luck. Where are some good site to look?

Would that route be better than supercharging my 2v motor?

That depends. What are your goals for your car? A 4V opens up alot more options.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
I want this car to be a 100% daily driver. I also dont want to completely diminish its gas mileage. I think a supercharger would definitly satisfy me as far as what Im looking for power wise. But if there is a better route to do this that will allow more future options I will go that way. But like I said before labor costs must be included.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:

modularfords.com

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
personally I'd do a supercharger, most people believe that you should rebuild your engind and put different headgaskets and all this other bullshit before you supercharge. but in this place we live in called reality where you only run the boost at 6-8psi then you will be fine(do a compression check first tho, if everything is fine there then the 6-8 psi is fine). but when you get above 9 or 10 psi(IMO) I would be looking into better compression rings and stuff like that.

id port some pi heads and get some cams for them, get some mm full length subframe connectors, all the supporting mods you can think of and then a blower I think 3k would be the max for all that < and then with the extra 2k you can find yourself a very nice blower setup.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:
I want this car to be a 100% daily driver. I also dont want to completely diminish its gas mileage. I think a supercharger would definitly satisfy me as far as what Im looking for power wise. But if there is a better route to do this that will allow more future options I will go that way. But like I said before labor costs must be included.

No offense, but if that's your worry, you shouldn't have bought a Mustang.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't need a 4v, not when you can make 600 rwhp on a 2v.

Don't let these guy's wet dreams and fantasies get you all turned around. Get a Vortech S-trim kit, get it installed and tuned, and see what's left for heads or custom cams.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
Im still thinking thats probably the best idea JR. Its the labor cost that shatters most of my ideas. I need to do something to this car to get me happy with the power Im making. I dumped alot into the suspension recently and I have a few bolt ons, but I need a power adder. I would be happy with 400hp but I could be satisfied with 365hp.

GaryG

Reaction score
could do a 5.4 2v from a F150 an suprise alot of ppl

cntchds

Reaction score
What about a T-56 swap? It's an upgrade from your current tranny and it will help gas mileage. Win win. I think they sell for around 2 grand or so now.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Switching from an auto to a T56 won't even come close to 2000. maybe 3000. The tranny and clutch assembly alone would cost 2700. That's not including a driveshaft, pedal assembly, driveshaft, and other small stuff.

cntchds

Reaction score
I meant the T-56 alone. You could probably do that and get it installed with a little over a grand left to play with. I don't know what else I'd do. :dunno:

Bluesn95

Reaction score
T 56 swap does have a "cool factor". Maybe a T56 swap and a 75 shot.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
He already has a shift kit and stuff though. Put a blower on that and thatll be sick!

Grnstang

Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I'd start looking into a complete, bulletproof shortblock assembly with forged internals and then go for stage 3 pi heads etc, etc. You might have a lot of fun just throwing a supercharger on your stock motor, but I've heard many, many stories of modulars with stock internals blowing up at around 400 plus rwhp. So, in my opinion, if your going to do it, do it right the first time. Think of it this way, with an all forged block, you probably won't ever have to worry about blowing it up if you treat it well. That's just me though.....You might be one of the lucky ones who gets a blower and the engine lasts for years, but then again you might not and end up having to rebuild the motor and spend thousands more later. Do some research and get a decent forged shortblock. Coast High Performance has many combo's and seem to be reasonable with pricing too.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Grnstang said:
If I were in your shoes I'd start looking into a complete, bulletproof shortblock assembly with forged internals and then go for stage 3 pi heads etc, etc. You might have a lot of fun just throwing a supercharger on your stock motor, but I've heard many, many stories of modulars with stock internals blowing up at around 400 plus rwhp. So, in my opinion, if your going to do it, do it right the first time. Think of it this way, with an all forged block, you probably won't ever have to worry about blowing it up if you treat it well. That's just me though.....You might be one of the lucky ones who gets a blower and the engine lasts for years, but then again you might not and end up having to rebuild the motor and spend thousands more later. Do some research and get a decent forged shortblock. Coast High Performance has many combso's and seem to be reasonable with pricing too.

You base this on what evidence? As a matter of fact, most forged engines need a bore, hone, and ring's by about 60-80k. People who take blowers out of the box and put them on, never blow their motors. People who try to get 20 psi out of a S trim because they are too cheap to buy a T-trim, and try to do it on the same tune, or without enough fuel, or with a cheaper tune by Billy Bo Bob's Etunes are the ones who crap rods everywhere.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
It's all about THE ALLMIGHTY TUNE!!! The GREAT EQUALIZER of blown modular motors.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
It's all about THE ALLMIGHTY TUNE!!! The GREAT EQUALIZER of blown modular motors.

Not entirely, although that does kill the majority. There are limits to what cast pistons and rods can take also. But the OP isn't reaching for the star's, he has set a very realistic 365-400 rwhp goal, and that can live forever on the street.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online