What Should I Do With $5000

97woodward

Reaction score
Okay my mods are in my signature. But I have PI cams and PI intake manifold that is just needing to be installed. Now in July I will be recieving some extra cash. I am thinking I can use about 5 grand out of it for car stuff. I plan on keeping this car long term, however i always want it to be in daily driver condition.

Now keeping in mind that I must pay for my installations and labor of whatever parts I buy. I live in the city and have no access to a garage or work space. I also have very limited free time. So while including labor into the equation what would you do?

The car is an automatic with 89k on it. I have thought about trying to find a used 32v cobra engine. But Im not sure if that is a good move, I dont have a ton of mechanical knowledge so I want all the advice i can get.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
cant do it. This car is 1 of 58 made. Its the Woodward Dream Cruise Edition. Bought it from my dad who had it for about 3 months. The only condition was that I couldnt sell it ( so i got it for cheap). my dad has always been a huge fan of the dream cruise so he wants this car to stay around. I did recieve an offer for it for $13500 from a collector. Refusing that was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do.

Believe me Ive tried to talk him into selling it but he's not gonna budge.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Aah thats cool man! Never herad of those.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:
cant do it. This car is 1 of 58 made. Its the Woodward Dream Cruise Edition. Bought it from my dad who had it for about 3 months. The only condition was that I couldnt sell it ( so i got it for cheap). my dad has always been a huge fan of the dream cruise so he wants this car to stay around. I did recieve an offer for it for $13500 from a collector. Refusing that was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do.

Believe me Ive tried to talk him into selling it but he's not gonna budge.

I go to the Dream Cruise every year.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
yeah its a damn cool car. They made 58 of these and I believe they auctioned off a few of them at the 97 Dream Cruise and the rest went to local dealerships. But they did some cool mods to it in the factory. Like Borla Side Exhaust, Painted White Rims, etc.. Heres a site dedicated to them

http://www.dreamwheelsonline.com/stew-article.htm

Yeah so I'll be holding on to the car for a while it seems. But back on topic, what would you guys do given the new info?

Tbuck07

Reaction score
Personally I'd put some heads on the motor, get that done for a grand or less, and throw a blower on it. Centrifical, like a Paxton or Procharger. Thatd run you about 5k, if you can find somewhere to install it too. You'd be happy with that I'm sure :thumb:

Reaction score
ported/polished heads stage 2 blower cams/supercharger.

OR

stage 2 port/polish; stage 2 N/A cams(comp 270, Hitech stage 2, Cushman stage 2); longtube headers.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'd do as TBuck said and get some heads and a blower. A Vortech T Trim to be exact :afro:

Tbuck07

Reaction score
sʇǝɟ said:
I'd do as TBuck said and get some heads and a blower. A Vortech T Trim to be exact :afro:
Cogged t trim. :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
Where can I find a Vortech T-Trim? I looked on the Vortech site and for 96-98 Gts they only have the S-trim Kits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online