What % tint look best on a white car ?

killagt

Reaction score
I am thinking doing Tint on my white 98 mustang GT, I am not new to tint, I alway doing 20% like back of the SUV, its not dark enough some time, I am thinking 15% tint. Any one have 15% tint on their sn95, please post some picture.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have the darkest tint (thanks to my son) On the rear window & rear quarter windows. You cannot see anything through them from the outside & barely see out through them from the inside! I put the light legal tint on the driver & passenger windows & that looks excellent IMO! It actually looks dark on the White car, so much contrast I suppose. I plan on removing the rear "limo tint" one day & either matching the legal tint or going one step darker which is perfect IMO. I'll try & find some pics later, gotta get to church!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I use 2.5% limo tint on the rear and use 15% up front, still dark and makes a huge difference in the sun.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your tint laws are but keep in mind that the same tint is gonna look darker on a white car than a blue car. The guy I go to for tattoos had 5% all around on a black 300C for 5yrs without problem. He sold it for a white Lexus IS and put 5% on it just the same. He got pulled over on the way home from the tint shop and the cop made him pull it off on the side of the road. He didn't give him a ticket because he did it.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
20%

washday008.jpg

Overcast day:

100_0414.jpg

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have the darkest tint (thanks to my son) On the rear window & rear quarter windows. You cannot see anything through them from the outside & barely see out through them from the inside! I put the light legal tint on the driver & passenger windows & that looks excellent IMO! It actually looks dark on the White car, so much contrast I suppose. I plan on removing the rear "limo tint" one day & either matching the legal tint or going one step darker which is perfect IMO. I'll try & find some pics later, gotta get to church!

OK here is a pic...Legal tint on driver window darkest Limo tint on quarter panel window...

2012%20Shots%20029.jpg

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Word of advice.... tint your windshield as well! Heres my daily... The stang needs much darker..

18% carbon ceramic on ALL windows and windshield.

AyMkBMb.jpg
Ahe2MlB.jpg

OP
OP
K

killagt

Reaction score
Word of advice.... tint your windshield as well! Heres my daily... The stang needs much darker..

18% carbon ceramic on ALL windows and windshield.

AyMkBMb.jpg
Ahe2MlB.jpg

me be like getting pull over as soon left the tint shop.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Idk but you can't see anything backing up at night. Even when I had 35 percent on unlit streets I had to roll the windows down. Same for 20, and now limo.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I wish our windows didn't have 40 million lines and dots all over them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online